HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im wondering if I could use some type of Heavy F/A Carriers to slow down the rate of fire or perhaps someone already figured it out with some other method... any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you slow it down it could affect function I would think.Most of the guns that can be slowed are open bolt.The HK roller lock needs a bit of energy to strip/feed/lock the action and may present a timing issue?Granted the 9mm takes less.I dont know ,just never heard of it being slowed.Anything is possible though?

·
Registered
886 Posts
There is the Terry Dyer, retimed hammer that can reduce the ROF. He has an ad I believe on the STG44 board for ~$85. I hear they work pretty well.

Bill

·
Registered
611 Posts
black market parts sell tungsten filled MP5 carriers that will slow the rate of fire down by about 100 rpm. You can buy a factory HK "F" carrier and acheive the same result.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
You can slow it down a little by using a hammer spring from an HK91, but some of the clones already have one, so check first.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You can slow it down a little by using a hammer spring from an HK91, but some of the clones already have one, so check first.
That wont do it.I always run mine with a 91 spring in any gun.When Tom (HKpro) came down for the MP5 shoot my CA fullsize pistol ran 811 rpm on his chrono.He said it was running great.I incidently had one of the Dyer retimed hammers as well that replaced a broken hammer.I also had a german carrier with the CA bolthead.Ran magtech and blazer ammo that day,119g.
I guess the real question is how much do you want to slow it down?When I think slow I think around 5-600 rpm thats why I thought it would be hard or impossible the first post I made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts