HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want this question to get lost in the other thread. To buy one for $100 or so would be better then having to buy 10 mag bases for $200.:63000:

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Didn't want this question to get lost in the other thread. To buy one for $100 or so would be better then having to buy 10 mag bases for $200.:63000:
Yep, HDPS.org has anything you need. His steel UMP triggers look very nicely done, machined from a solid chunk of steel. They're like $115 or something. Nothing I see on his website looks like he's trying to rob you - everything looks very high quality.

I'm ordering a stock block "B" from him tomorrow, my lower is on the way, now just need a stock. Oh, and a barrel. The real HK ones are quite spendy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not saying anything bad about HDPS I didn't name anyone in my question, I guess I was throwing an idea out. I will be most likely be buying everything to convert my USC from him. But I like to have as many mags as I can afford to buy and if someone would make a hammer for $100 it would count as a 922 part so that you wouldn't have to buy a base plate (the more expensive part) for every mag that you buy. It would be cheaper in the long run.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I'm not saying anything bad about HDPS I didn't name anyone in my question, I guess I was throwing an idea out. I will be most likely be buying everything to convert my USC from him. But I like to have as many mags as I can afford to buy and if someone would make a hammer for $100 it would count as a 922 part so that you wouldn't have to buy a base plate (the more expensive part) for every mag that you buy. It would be cheaper in the long run.
I'm sorry, I misread the title. You wrote hammer, I read "trigger". I haven't seen anyone that makes a USA made hammer. Maybe because you'd have to take it apart to find out, whereas a trigger can be easily seen from the outside. Just guessing, not really sure.

I were going to make a hammer, it would be from something like S7 tool steel. It's got good impact and abrasion resistant qualities, and it's air-hardened so it's easy to heat treat. But any of the 41xx steels would work fine as well.

But by my comment about HDPS not trying to rob you, I wasn't implying that you had said anything bad about them. I was saying that while some may feel $100 may seem high for a part like a trigger, if you look at the quality of his parts, they don't seem overpriced to me at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem. I may look into having a friend make one for me. Do you need a license to build firearm parts that aren't serial numbered?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts