HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a USP 45, and I'm trying to find info on laser/flashlight combos. I thought it would be best to start by looking at lights that wouldn't need an adapter, but it's been more difficult to find than I expected. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to look, or what to buy? Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Most will need an adapter for the USP. The StreamLight TLR-2 or TLR-2s is a good choice. The Surefire x400 is nice too but $100+ more.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Most will need an adapter for the USP. The StreamLight TLR-2 or TLR-2s is a good choice. The Surefire x400 is nice too but $100+ more.
Is there a noticeable quality difference between the surefire and streamlights?

·
Registered
119 Posts
In my purely honest opinion the Surefire is not worth the price difference. If you can find one for close then the nod may go to Surefire.

Surefire claims their light outputs 175 lumen. Streamlight claims 160 lumen.

As for the laser, I don't know the specifications off hand.

I've used both. They are both very nice and capable units.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
If you want a light/laser combo, get the new Streamlight TLR-4. Get the model that is made for the USP full-size so you won't need a rail adapter (model 69242). Here's an example.

Here's how it looks on my USP compact. It sticks out a little on the Compact so it will fit the full-size nicely.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been a fan of the Streamlight TLR2s, but would require an adapter. My next laser/light combo will be the TLR4.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The TLR-4 is a good recommendation if you don't want to use an adapter. Keep in mind however you are giving up a bit of light output vs the TLR-2/2s (110 lumen vs 160 lumen) as well as trading off aluminum construction to polymer. The TLR-4 is also a bit chunkier in size vertically but is shorter in length vertically which would make it a good fit for a compact.

The best choice is what works for you and fits your needs.

I am hoping Streamlight will release contour remotes for the TLR-2/2s to be compatible with the HK family. As of now, only the TLR-1 and TLR-2/2s are compatible with the contour remotes.

If you end up with a polymer unit be careful not to over tighten. I have seen one rail break and read this is an issue. I would image you would have to really over tighten to have this happen however.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you want a light/laser combo, get the new Streamlight TLR-4. Get the model that is made for the USP full-size so you won't need a rail adapter (model 69242). Here's an example.

Here's how it looks on my USP compact. It sticks out a little on the Compact so it will fit the full-size nicely.

That one in the example link doesn't have laser though. Do they sell the tlr4 for usp with laser?

·
Registered
119 Posts
That one in the example link doesn't have laser though. Do they sell the tlr4 for usp with laser?
The TLR-4 is a light and laser unit whereas the TLR-3 is light only.

It may look like the TLR-4 in those pictures don't have laser but it does.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Surefire x-400. It's costly but it's quality. Being an HK forum, you know all about that!

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
All TLR-4's have laser. The one I linked to is a special version made for the USP full size. The one in my picture is made for the USP compact.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the TLR4 for my HK 2000 and i love it . I found that key C works the best . Botach has the tlr 1 2 3 4 for under 130 the tlr 3 is about 70 shipped . they are worth the money but you will have to have a custom holster made . LFI cutom Kydex will make you one for about $90 that is real hi quality...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just mounted a TLR-4 on my USP compact 45 with adapter. The TLR-4 was only $109 free shipping on Amazon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts