HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...recently I came across this holster why doing a general search on yahoo...I would be using it for concealed carry, so I keeping that in mind, have any of you tried it (or something similar)?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No, but I think it will just put $15 behind in getting something decent. In holsters, you get what you pay for. Better to buy something solid and shell out the cash now.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
No, but I think it will just put $15 behind in getting something decent. In holsters, you get what you pay for. Better to buy something solid and shell out the cash now.
Yup!!! I agree 100%!!!

$15 will work like $15.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree...It's not really an issue of price..I mean, I don't want to spend a great deal of money, but I sure am willing to spend more than $15 on my holster. I just couldn't find one that would conceal my USP, and was hoping a style similar to this could do the job. Any others manufacturers I should consider? I'm looking for an all black one.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I agree...It's not really an issue of price..I mean, I don't want to spend a great deal of money, but I sure am willing to spend more than $15 on my holster. I just couldn't find one that would conceal my USP, and was hoping a style similar to this could do the job. Any others manufacturers I should consider? I'm looking for an all black one.
I'm trying to understand your logic. Let me rephrase your question to you in the following, "Would you take a Bugatti Veyron supercar capable of over 250mphs and put Firestone tires (yes the ones that delaminated and caused rollovers) on it?"

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mentioned that I would gladly spend more than $15 on a holster...My question was regarding the ergonomics and the comfort/concealability that those TYPE of holsters have. I came across similar holsters made from suede that cost around $50, but they look very similar. Besides the analogy that you gave.... Bugatti Veyron:Firestone Tires :: HK USP .45F:$15 holster is somewhat drastic. I doubt an $800 pistol would constitute a Bugatti Veyron, maybe a Lexus, however. Also, Firestone Tires do make some really great tires i.e. Potenza.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would rate thatas a RCH better than just stuffing your gun in your pants. If youre talking about a USPF then that is a large gun and will need a good holster to conceal and be comfy. If yours on a budget, and who isnt, i would give one of the Kydex makers a chance. Comp-Tac, BladeTech and Sidearmor all make good holsters for under $100. If you want leather and IWB go with a Milt Sparks VersaMax 2. Will cost you over $100, but well worth it. Lightning Arms usually has a decent stock. Also dont forget a belt meant for carrying a gun and not some Old Navy special.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I mentioned that I would gladly spend more than $15 on a holster...My question was regarding the ergonomics and the comfort/concealability that those TYPE of holsters have. I came across similar holsters made from suede that cost around $50, but they look very similar. Besides the analogy that you gave.... Bugatti Veyron:Firestone Tires :: HK USP .45F:$15 holster is somewhat drastic. I doubt an $800 pistol would constitute a Bugatti Veyron, maybe a Lexus, however. Also, Firestone Tires do make some really great tires i.e. Potenza.

Honestly, I wouldn't get an in-pocket for a fullsize USP due to its size; unless you have really large pants w/ a long inseam. Btw, I agree that the Lexus comment is more applicable :D

IMO, Try looking for an IWB if you want concealability.

·
Registered
260 Posts
That holster is crap.

You can put that $15 to better use by sending it to me; it will pay for half a box of Black Hills .45 or some really good scotch.

The Comp-tac CTAC holster is excellent. I've used it to conceal full size 1911s and USPs with a tucked-in shirt without an issue. Even better, Comp-Tac's customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great info...That holster was so cheap that I almost wanted to buy it, just for the sake of trying it out...But, with such strong comments on the "crappiness" of that holster, I might as well use the few bucks on something useful. Two more questions (kind of digressing a bit):

1. I came across a mag pouch that holds 2 mags on CDNN. Velcro closure with ALICE clips...Any input on that? I think $8 a pouch. Seems like I can't go wrong with that. It states that it will hold large mags, even the 9 round 357 magnum mags. Does this mean that it will fit my USP .45F mags, but be too roomy?

2. What kind of belt is recommended for holsters, mag pouches, mini flash lights, and the like?

-Thanks all

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got my Holster from Greg Peters and it meets all my needs. Plus his service is 2nd to none.

·
Registered
221 Posts
milt sparks
mitch rosen
del fatti
comp-tac
alessi
fist
desantis?

here's a good list of holster makers to start with....
no, i would not buy galco if at all possible. spend a little more and get a nice holster for a nice gun.

IWB works for me, or paddle or beltslide w/ concealing garment.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I noticed alot of people who sell their pistols state that they are in great condition and have never been holstered...Does this imply that holstering your weapon will in some way damage or scratch the surface of it? Are their certain types that are more damaging than others?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
You can get what is referred to as "Holster wear," that is where the nose or slide will shine up a little.

Usually not a huge problem with HK's due to the polomer frame. Abigger problem with steel weapons... Kydex is good to not cause any wear. also felt linded will also keep wear to a minumn.

Try out www.fist-inc.com They make a wide varity of holsters and have good service as well as turn around. They also carry belts that can handle a pistole mounted on it... TJ

·
Registered
221 Posts
+1 TJ. you will also need a good belt. check beltman.net

the right holster and belt will make the gun more concealable comfortable and safe. otherwise you may not carry it or other worse things could happen....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Others

Many other very good custom holster artists in addition to those listed. Do your research

·
Registered
260 Posts
Many other very good custom holster artists in addition to those listed. Do your research
Very true. I'm currently awaiting, anxiously, a custom holster from Rudy Lozano of Black Hills Leather. It's a duty rig for my Condition One USPF 45 and X200. If anyone is interested I'll post a pic and review when I get it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts