HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could get a regular USP, but I MUST have an H&K factory barrel. Is there any way at all to get one in that threading, or is this just a pipe dream? Any chance of getting a tactical-length o-ring barrel and having the threading done by a gunsmith? It'd be very handy if I could have this done, but I CANNOT use aftermarket barrels! Thanks for any help guys, this forum has been great on advice for H&K's! :44:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You are going to have to go after market or have more money than since. The only way I can think of is getting a USP Match barrel, $400 IF you can find one, and have it cut and threaded to the length and thread you want. It is the only one that will have the o-ring in the right position. Since you are going to have something non-HK anyway why not go after market? Jarvis can make you what you want in the threading you want and you won't spend a small fortune a ruin a perfectly good match barrel. Jarvis are match grade and are just as accurate as the HK barrel plus you can shoot cast bullets. But if you MUST have a HK barrel start looking under the sofa cushions for extra change because you are going to need it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a gemtech 45 blackside with a jarvis barrel on my glock 21 and it's not running at all. Jams every round. I emailed gemtech on a gun that WOULD DEFINATELY CYCLE correctly and they said a USP tactical. I asked about a USP with an aftermarket barrel so I wouldn't have to have my suppressor rethreaded, and they said those have had limited success for reliability. :\

On the flip side, I suppose I could just get a 16x1 LH barrel for my glock 21 and sell the current one if I get my suppressor rethreaded (and I still wanted to keep my glock 21).

·
Registered
105 Posts
seems like an obvious answer to me...
buy a factory H&K USP Tactical, then have your supressor re-threaded if you absolutely cannot part with it and can not afford to pay the tax stamp again.
Otherwise, the proper course of action would be a USP T + a specific supressor that is designed for the Tactical... This is how you are going to achive reliabilty. Stick with what is know to work and proven.

So, ditch the glock and your current suppressor and don't try and re-invent the wheel.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigh. That's an impossibly large amount of money for me. I'm a college situation and I just can't do that. It took years to get this entire setup and the suppressor together.

·
Registered
105 Posts
gotcha...
Well plan for it in the future.
I can speak from experience that eventually you'll end up going the tried and tested route, it costs less in the long run. :)
It is pretty cool that you have a supressed Glock though. Maybe you can make it reliable with the adition of a Nealson device?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is pretty cool that you have a supressed Glock though. Maybe you can make it reliable with the adition of a Nealson device?
I'm hoping. What kind of options do I have for getting some kind of recoil booster on it/in it? Can I send my suppressor to be modified by someone? Is there a screw in attachable one I could get?

I don't even know where to begin, but I'm sure I'll be researching it quite a bit in the near future. :(

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
We did a group buy on USPC .45 Tac barrels about a year and a half ago. IIRC 30 barrels were purchased and I know of at least that amount bought outside the group buy for this gun and that. I have never heard of a Jarvis barrel not running with one exception. Jarvis use to make a USP .357 SIG barrel and nobody, not even HK, could make the USP run using the plastic mags of the USP platform. Jarvis quit making the barrels in .357 SIG for the USP because of so many failures to work but that was not Jarvis' fault. The gun just will not run with the .357 SIG unless you do mag and barrel feed ramp modifications.
Outside of that one caliber in that one platform I have never heard from a credible source about Jarvis barrels not running 100% in a gun capable of running to that degree of dependability. In other words, even a Jarvis barrel will not turn a gun that runs 60% of the time into a 100% performer without correcting the real problem. Put it in a HK USP/C and it will run as well as the factory barrel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We did a group buy on USPC .45 Tac barrels about a year and a half ago. IIRC 30 barrels were purchased and I know of at least that amount bought outside the group buy for this gun and that. I have never heard of a Jarvis barrel not running with one exception. Jarvis use to make a USP .357 SIG barrel and nobody, not even HK, could make the USP run using the plastic mags of the USP platform. Jarvis quit making the barrels in .357 SIG for the USP because of so many failures to work but that was not Jarvis' fault. The gun just will not run with the .357 SIG unless you do mag and barrel feed ramp modifications.
Outside of that one caliber in that one platform I have never heard from a credible source about Jarvis barrels not running 100% in a gun capable of running to that degree of dependability. In other words, even a Jarvis barrel will not turn a gun that runs 60% of the time into a 100% performer without correcting the real problem. Put it in a HK USP/C and it will run as well as the factory barrel.
Well, I do have a Jarvis barrel in my glock and it is machine a bit more roughly and it is clear that it cycles "harder" than the factory barrel, probably because of the sharper, more pronounced edges of the barrel. I just can't imagine jarvis barrels (even having one) being on par with factory barrels.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I have a Gemtech Blackside I use on my tactical. It is an ok suppressor and I have had jams with it also. It is finicky with ammo. I have heard that getting a lid from Gemtech has helped. If you look around you will see this is a common problem with this suppressor. I would suggest the lid first. I am going to get one when I get back to the states.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I have used Jarvis barrels in 4 different USPs and they have all been great. All dropped-in, but still tight. Quality was very high on all. 2 six-inch Match barrels and 2 tactical threaded barrels (9mm and .40)

Very, very accurate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts