HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went shooting yesterday and found out that the irons on the usc arent the best for me, I'd be much better with a red dot of some sort.

went to my dealer, checked all they had to offer and I found nothing that would let me co-witness. I believe the rail on the top of my usc is a HK piece, but i'm not sure.

also, does anybody have any info on the burris xts scopes? seems like it may be a less expensive alternative to the aimpoint, yet better than the $60 cheap china knock-offs

http://www.burrisoptics.com/tactical2.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
went shooting yesterday and found out that the irons on the usc arent the best for me, I'd be much better with a red dot of some sort.

went to my dealer, checked all they had to offer and I found nothing that would let me co-witness. I believe the rail on the top of my usc is a HK piece, but i'm not sure.

also, does anybody have any info on the burris xts scopes? seems like it may be a less expensive alternative to the aimpoint, yet better than the $60 cheap china knock-offs

http://www.burrisoptics.com/tactical2.html
im goin with the EOtech (witch i havent gotten yet) but i hear it works good! no co-witness though.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Most of the Aimpoints will if you use the extra low rings, but they have to be extra low because even the low ones are a bit too high for good co-witnessing.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any direction on where to get these extra low rings? quick release would be nice, but if they co-witness I guess I wouldnt need the quick release.

I'd also like to NOT spend as much on the rings as the scope.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
You may have to contact Aimpoint because none of the normal ring sources list an extra low, but I know darned good and well they exist. If you go QD you won't be able to get them low enough I don't believe because of the locking mechanism (rings such as Warne and Leupold QD). Even Aimpoint does not list any rings on their web site so you may have to call or e-mail them, if they have CS e-mail.
The closest I can come is the ARMS #35 ultra low ring but it must mount on one of their bases and that is going to raise it up some, likely making it too high. I had a Trijicon Reflex on my USC and even with the ARMS low throw lever base for that scope it was still too high to work with the irons.
I had a cheap Tasco Pro-Point II on there in low rings and it was a bit too high also. Most low rings are about 1/4 inch so what you need is a 1/8 inch lower ring which I am almost certain I have seen on Aimpoint optics.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I think B&T has an extra low profile mount for the aimpoint... You can check out there website.

I know GG&G makes some good QR stuff, but same with ARMS and LaRue.

ETA

If you have a lower profile aimpoint, so it co-witnesses, it will not throw off your cheek wield as much either.... Much more comfertable to shoot, without having your head floating.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Anyone have input on how a C-more witnesses with the USC/UMP? I wouldn't mind if it doesn't co-witness...just as long as the dot sits either all the way above the front sight assembly ring, or within it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The C-more's sit pretty high up... Unless you drill and tap the reciever so you can direct mount it, its gonna be even higher than the aimpoint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts