HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was carrying my P2000 appendix at the 12:30 position at work the other day when somehow I opened a large metal door into myself banging into the gun. When I pulled up my shirt there was a black piece of plastic fell out. I picked it up off the floor, cursed to myself for a few seconds, then untucked my shirt and removed my HK from it's holster.

Sure enough on the right side of the frame next to the hammer pivot pin there was a good size plastic shaving missing. I can probably sand it slightly and atleast smooth it back out some. But is there anything I can do to get it smooth again and somewhat factory looking?

I don't need it perfect. I don't mind wear such as from holstering and shooting. But things like this from stupidity bother me.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
A small set of files to blend and high grit wet sand should do the trick. Of course, it will never be perfect.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A small set of files to blend and high grit wet sand should do the trick. Of course, it will never be perfect.
What kind of files do you think? My first reaction was to grab the dremel, then common sense kicked in and I figured I would jack it up even more.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
A dremel will be too fast and take away to much material. Something like a Gunsmith needle file set will do the trick

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Personally, I think that anything you do will more than likely make it worse. Sounds like a big chunk and I'd be upset as well - but it's a tool doing what it was designed to do. If it didn't influence the function of the pistol, I'd forget about it and treat it like a beater. I take chunks out of my magazine well from time to time when I botch a reload. It only bothers me for a few minutes than I move on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts