HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was carrying my P2000 appendix at the 12:30 position at work the other day when somehow I opened a large metal door into myself banging into the gun. When I pulled up my shirt there was a black piece of plastic fell out. I picked it up off the floor, cursed to myself for a few seconds, then untucked my shirt and removed my HK from it's holster.

Sure enough on the right side of the frame next to the hammer pivot pin there was a good size plastic shaving missing. I can probably sand it slightly and atleast smooth it back out some. But is there anything I can do to get it smooth again and somewhat factory looking?

I don't need it perfect. I don't mind wear such as from holstering and shooting. But things like this from stupidity bother me.

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Personally, I think that anything you do will more than likely make it worse. Sounds like a big chunk and I'd be upset as well - but it's a tool doing what it was designed to do. If it didn't influence the function of the pistol, I'd forget about it and treat it like a beater. I take chunks out of my magazine well from time to time when I botch a reload. It only bothers me for a few minutes than I move on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.