HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a P7 with a factory HK threaded barrel. The gun originally left Oberndorf with a standard barrel, but was later returned to the factory which installed the threaded barrel and did a new test target. I also have the original barrel and the original test target. I have seen several photos on this forum of P7M8s and P7M13s with factory threaded barrels and understand that they are rare. However, I have not found any photos of the older P7s with a factory threaded barrel. Since I bought my gun, I have discovered that while the barrels are interchangeable between the M8s and M13s, the P7 barrel is different on the end that is pressed into the frame.

I have seen photos of P7s, P7M8s and P7M13s with third party threaded barrels or threaded barrel extensions, but I have not seen another P7 with a factory HK threaded barrel. So my question is does anyone here have (or know someone who has) a P7 (not M8 or M13) with a factory threaded barrel?

Here's a photo of mine. You'll note that on the HK factory threaded barrels the threads don't go to the end of the barrel.

Oh, and I've submitted the paperwork for an import permit (to France) so that I can get a Vaime suppressor from Augustine Gun Parts. Photos in a month or so.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Interesting pistol. I've not seen a P7 with threaded barrel either.
That pistol would command quite a pretty penny in the States.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Gotta wonder where some of these have been... Send a flare up for G3Kurz on this one....
He already did.
It is possible this pistol had the barrel fitted at HK GmbH as part of a special order or project from the Demo/Trails Shop there in Oberndorf.
More likely I would guess an extended unthreaded P7 barrel was purchased, locally threaded and installed. HK made a small run of those many years back.
There are no absolutes with HK. If one says this was never done at the factory they could be 100% wrong. While I never saw a factory threaded P7(PSP) in the US
in France all bets are off.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
727 Posts
I remember seeing factory P7 Psp threaded barrel on eBay about 15 years ago. I was going to buy it, but I was unsure if it would fit my P7M8. I decided to buy it if it did not go over $300. It ended up selling for $417 if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He already did.
It is possible this pistol had the barrel fitted at HK GmbH as part of a special order or project from the Demo/Trails Shop there in Oberndorf.
More likely I would guess an extended unthreaded P7 barrel was purchased, locally threaded and installed. HK made a small run of those many years back.
There are no absolutes with HK. If one says this was never done at the factory they could be 100% wrong. While I never saw a factory threaded P7(PSP) in the US
in France all bets are off.
G3Kurz
I'm grateful to G3Kurz for the information that he has given me on this pistol (and on my MK23 USSOCOM). He is a tremendous asset to the HKPRO community.

The threaded barrel was installed in Oberndorf as they provided a test target with the installation. When I have some time, I'll take a few more photos and go through the history of this pistol. The original purpose of my post was just to find out if anyone else has (or has seen) a P7 (PSP) with a factory threaded barrel because all of the ones that I had seen were M13s or M8s.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I had a factory HK barrel recently pulled out of my P7 and sold it here on PRO not too long ago.
Did it look like the one in the photo above? Or did the threads come to the end of the barrel?

Edit: I just found your old post and see that your barrel was an HK factory extended barrel that you had threaded by a third party. The threads go to the end of the barrel, unlike the one in my first post. It is also a P7M13/P7M8 barrel, not a P7 (PSP) barrel. Thanks for mentioning it, but it's not what I am asking about.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't had time to take more photos yet. Will do so as soon as I can. But no one has/had (or knows someone who has/had) a P7/PSP (not M8 or M13) with a factory threaded barrel like the one in the photo in my original post?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts