HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to the range the other day with my 91. I was all excited about trying out the Hendsoldt surplus scope and claw mount I just picked up and had to try it. The scope and rifle combo works great except for one thing. If I get my face close enough to the scope for proper eye relief then when I fire the scope comes back from the recoil and smacks me on the bridge of the nose. It actually broke the skin twice. Any thoughts or ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks !

Dean

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Are you using any kind of cheekpiece? I would imagine that would help alot by keeping your cheek firmly planted on the stock. Robert Johnson of Robert RTG sells a good one.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My friend has that problem with my 91 setup with an ARMS mount and a 12X scope. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be an issue with me.

My 91 is set up with the standard buttstock.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've never mounted a scope on my 91. The finish is perfect and I prefer not to have the claw marks on her. I've opted for ghost ring sights instead. Having the scope bite you upon recoil isn't pleasant. There's got to be a scope with better eye relief for you out there.

·
2,832 Posts
I use the Hensoldts and have not been kissed on the face by it yet.

a 21E buttbad on the A2 stock might do the trick for you, makes it just a little longer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. It sounds like a little extra length of pull might help. Who is carrying MSG 90 stocks etc. these days ?

·
2,832 Posts
Gordon Miller or Adam Weber would be my 1st place to look for new, but also they turn up for sale here and at http://www.sturmgewehr.com/

if you want to check out and see if you like the MGS 90, PSG1, SG1, or A2w/21e buttpad, just let me know..I am just on the otherside of the bridge in GH and have all the different flavors of stocks and stuff

cheapest, if you can find one, will be the 21E buttpad on your A2 stock, $50-60, but been hard to find recently

Thanks guys. It sounds like a little extra length of pull might help. Who is carrying MSG 90 stocks etc. these days ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Landpimp do you use the standard A2 stock when you use your hendsoldt ?

Thanks for the info and the kind offer !

Dean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts