HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I wonder if the sale of MP5 model climbed sharply after Die Hard played in the theater!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I wonder if the sale of MP5 model climbed sharply after Die Hard played in the theater!
It did for me. Also, the movie Stargate with Kurt Russell. These movie got me really interested in the MP5. Now with Mission Impossible 3 and Die Hard 4, I want an UMP. Damn Movies!!!! LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
You have confirmed "product placement" is an effective marketing tool. :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
That does not appear to be a standard HK sling.. too much padding. :)

Wait.. take that back.. He has a bag with the detonators!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Die Hard has been on HBO HD lately. If someone could grab a capture there is a good close up of Bruce's MP5(94) when he uses it to rappel down the elevator shaft.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually liked Hans. He was a cool bad guy, he had class.

They must have got a group buy on those MP5's..

" Now I have a machine gun... Ho Ho Ho" Amen to that !!

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
Movies/television have a significant impact on firearms enthusiasm.

Examples:

1. Dirty Harry (S&W .44 Magnum);
2. Raw Deal/Predator (HK94/MP5);
3. Lethal Weapon (Beretta 92);
4. Stargate SG1 (FN PS90), etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Movies/television have a significant impact on firearms enthusiasm.

Examples:

1. Dirty Harry (S&W .44 Magnum);
2. Raw Deal/Predator (HK94/MP5);
3. Lethal Weapon (Beretta 92);
4. Stargate SG1 (FN PS90), etc.

Don't forget the Terminator (Phased Plasma Rifle in a 40 watt range).:11:

·
Registered
81 Posts
.45 long slide with laser sighting

·
Registered
325 Posts
What about the Mini gun? Or that contraption from Cobra? But the ppk probably has had the most effect, given it's time span.
I was considering buying a PPK just because of James Bond, but in the end, I decided that I already had like 800 rounds of 9mm in my apt and didn't want to buy a new caliber. Which is why I decided to buy a P7M8 :p It's not a P7M7, but it's a little closer to Hans, which I can live with :p

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, the "MP5's" in Die Hard were HK94 with sears and cut down barrels. No 3-lug adapters or anything.

I was talking on the phone with Joe Gaddini of SWR firearms close to 10 years ago and he mentioned he had them in his shop to get up to correct MP5 SBR spec's with paddles and 3 lug adapters and he said he was behind and needed help. He offered to teach me how to do this work and have me fly out and work for a week. I wanted to badly but do to work contraints I told him "No". I still regret that choice! I wish I had taken advantage of that opportunity to learn.

My .02,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in KS

1 - 20 of 29 Posts