HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HK has been in the news lately for improper business practices. (Something about selling small arms to less than reputable countries.) Anybody have any follow up or news on the investigations? I have several HK's and love them all but the news I have been hearing over the last year kind of concerns me. Allegations are allegations and deserve invetsigation, but I really hope that there is no truth to what I have been hearing. I know that business is business but come on...really?

·
Banned
879 Posts
Yea,....

HK has been trying to make up for their habit of selling guns to tin pot, third world dictators, or any other quasi-legitimate forign govt. of the hour by cracking down on sales practices here in America where dealers are selling perfectly legal HK gun parts (416 uppers) to law abiding Citizens who are legally allowed to own such things.

Can't let us crazy American cowboys get away with that kind of ****, oh no.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Wait, I thought it was our govt that was supplying these guns to cartels and such. Lol........

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yea,....

HK has been trying to make up for their habit of selling guns to tin pot, third world dictators, or any other quasi-legitimate forign govt. of the hour by cracking down on sales practices here in America where dealers are selling perfectly legal HK gun parts (416 uppers) to law abiding Citizens who are legally allowed to own such things.

Can't let us crazy American cowboys get away with that kind of ****, oh no.
Actually, it was finally the BATF that ruled the uppers couldn't be imported after saying that they could be.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Actually, it was finally the BATF that ruled the uppers couldn't be imported after saying that they could be.
I was talking about HK cutting off the supply of sample guns to dealers because dealers have been selling the uppers and either destroying the lowers or donating them to LE agencies. That has nothing to do with the ATF and everything to do with HK Germany. I am fully aware of the ATF's stance on imported uppers and that has to do with the barrels.

For the record, and I want to make this ABUNDANTLY clear, my dealings with HK USA have been nothing short of stellar. I have nothing but good words to say about all the folks i've been in contact with at HK USA. My ire is fully directed at HK Germany and the German Govt. who apparently have nothing better to do then screw with the American gun owner who, despite all of the ups and downs over the years, has proven loyal to HK through and through and continues to line HKs pockets even though HK has implied on many occasions by their actions and treatment of the American gun owner, that they all but feel that we shouldn't be trusted with a sharpened plastic spoon much less firearms, and only continue to sell guns here so they can keep up the payments on their vacation homes.

Like I said, i'm here because I like guns that work and work well regardless of the name on the side. So, like so many others, I put up with the bull**** so I can have the best firearms avalible. Grin and bear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts