HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just purchased a HK45c and through this fantastic forum I have decided to install the light LEM myself. I was wondering if the crooked hammers were still being found in the kits, or are most kits ordered now shipping with the straight hammers? If at all possible I would like to save myself from doing the conversion twice. Also is there a place I can order a confirmed straight hammer in my LEM kit. I called HK USA today but did not speak to Travis, and the person I spoke to said they do not check the LEM kits to make sure the hammers were straight. Any advice or responses are greatly appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
The last 3 kits I got from HKParts.net did come with the straight hammer. Not sure about kits from other vendors. The last I heard, TopGunSupply sells kit withOUT a hammer and tells you to call up HK to get the correct hammer. Even if you have the crooked hammer, call HK and they'll send you a replacement hammer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I ordered an LEM kit that arrived on Monday for my new 45c from TGS and it came with a hammer, and it's crooked :(

I'm not worried about it though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which kits are you guys using the HK45c LEM kits or the universal USP/hk45 kits? I am aware that they will both work, but wondering which specific kits you had luck with the hammers being straight. I know by no means does this mean I will definitely get a straight hammer in these kits, just trying to get the best odds.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I know that for sure you'll save $25 by buying the Universal kit. If it's crooked, call up HK and get a new one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought 4 universal kits from hkparts.net in the last 2 months and their all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts