HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for somebody who makes receiver center repair sections for the MP5.
I am looking to build a few post samples
Thank you
Happy new year
Andy

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
Are you looking to take a demilled MP5 and weld the missing center section back on?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looking for somebody who makes receiver center repair sections for the MP5.
I am looking to build a few post samples
Thank you
Happy new year
Andy
Short answer is "no," nobody makes a center repair section. There have been at least 3 makers of receiver flats though, 1 still making them currently. Would be easier (much, much easier) to roll a flat, and instead of the shelf, drill a hole. IIRC the actual machine gun receivers had a backing piece welded or brazed in that you'd need to put in before rolling it. Drill & flare hole, RTG parts sells the crimp on tube. Weld the parts back in. If you really, really wanted to, use the flat to make a repair section, but I'd think the flat would spring back, and it would be kind of tough to make it work right to line up right.

The center section on MP5 has the serial number, don't see to many of these demilled pieces around for sale. Kind of like center sections on SIG 55X's ( not to be found, trust me I've looked). Most demils these days have the magwell cut off too. If you have an older demil, it would probably be easier to find an HK33 rear end section and weld that onto the MP5 front. Wouldn't get the case deflector though.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Actually, it would be much easier to purchase a clone pistol and register a postie trigger pack/conversion device with a notch cut out for the trigger pack to clear the shelf.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your input guys. But I'm looking at keeping is as close to original as possible. That is why I wanted to repair center section to piece to assemble it back together. I thought about building a post sample off a flat, but again I want it as close to factory as possible. I also thought about taking a flat and use the metal that I need, but my concerns are metal thickness and the lines not matching up to the original.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I realize that. And being a class2/SOT that is very possible. The problem i have with the ATF is that with a law letterhead, they also want a purchase agreement. Or they will not grant me the transfer of a post sample. That is the problem I've been having. Or I would just bought one.
Maybe other dealers have had this problem? But the ATF is not consistent. I am having the problem. My only other option is to wait and see if another dealer is giving up their license. Then I can have one transferred to me without a law letterhead.
Thank you

·
Registered
691 Posts
Have you considered simply milling a FA trigger frame to fit over the semiauto shelf, register the frame as a post sample, then use with a semiauto SBR mp5? Another option is to buy a MKE, remove the bolt carrier block and FA FCG block (the ledge behind the pushpin). These would be the simplest options.

·
Vendor
1,324 Posts
What J said......... would be easiest.
You do not need a purchase agreement...... I would check your "demo" letter wording.
MM

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I realize that. And being a class2/SOT that is very possible. The problem i have with the ATF is that with a law letterhead, they also want a purchase agreement. Or they will not grant me the transfer of a post sample. That is the problem I've been having. Or I would just bought one.
Maybe other dealers have had this problem? But the ATF is not consistent. I am having the problem. My only other option is to wait and see if another dealer is giving up their license. Then I can have one transferred to me without a law letterhead.
Thank you
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...ter-machineguns-g36e1-g36e1-c-2x-mp5-a3s.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everybody. I found some adds on another board who has a mp5a3 & mp5k navy for 2200.00. I am going to contact him

1 - 11 of 11 Posts