HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
If it is a MSG90 as it appears to be, it is a post-sample machinegun not a semiautomatic rifle as they have it listed.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The lower appears to only have markings for safe and single shot fire. It would be interesting to get more information and markings off that rifle.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The lower appears to only have markings for safe and single shot fire. It would be interesting to get more information and markings off that rifle.
All MSG90 rifles come that way. The receiver on a real one is a machine gun receiver and there is no real practical way to change that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yup, thats why I posted it. This is a reputable dealer that sells thousands of guns a year and this one is just a rifle in their mind. If I wanted one I would drop a bid. You just dont see real ones for sale to civilians. It looks real to me but I am not an expert like some here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was under the impression the MSG used a pinned on lower as in the picture and not a shelf. It shows in the picture, but it could be a C&P job, but then it wouldn't be all factory.

Looks like a free ride to club fed.

Be Safe
Gayle

Yup, thats why I posted it. This is a reputable dealer that sells thousands of guns a year and this one is just a rifle in their mind. If I wanted one I would drop a bid. You just dont see real ones for sale to civilians. It looks real to me but I am not an expert like some here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote : Looks like a free ride to club fed.

You miss the point. Here it is, legal from a very reputable dealer. You cant get legal transfer on 99% of MSG90's out there. This one is a rare exception as you CAN buy it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
the serial prefix is 45- i dont know if thats the MSG90 prefix or not but the model is listed as PSG-1

all the PSG-1s i'v seen have a D before the serial

it would be cool to own a real MSG90 :)

·
2,832 Posts
how can it be legal for the average joe?

Quote : Looks like a free ride to club fed.

You miss the point. Here it is, legal from a very reputable dealer. You cant get legal transfer on 99% of MSG90's out there. This one is a rare exception as you CAN buy it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Awesome rifle.

Too bad it's a post sample. Even so, the final bid probably will be in their expected range.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am 100% positive that the "45" serial prefex is correct for factory MSG90. Therefore, the chances are very good that is a machine gun receiver, period (the other less likely posibility is that is a very well done conversion on an SR-9 receiver). Therefore, that is most likely not a "legal" transfer. Thats like saying because Randy Weaver was willing to sell short barreled rifles without any papers or tax paid he was transfering a legal firearm (maybe not the best example, but that is what came to my mind).

The real question is, since ALL MSG90s are post sample machine guns that have to come into the country as a machine gun (and the dealer acknowleges that this was imported by HK), how the hell did he get it apparently without paper???? You need a L.E. letter EVEN if you are a Class III.

WTF??? Someone is going to get in some serious ****.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
RIA is a well-established company. I think some of the details were just omitted from the webpage. I'm satisfied they aren't trying to pull a "fast one".

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
RIA is a well-established company. I think some of the details were just omitted from the webpage. I'm satisfied they aren't trying to pull a "fast one".
A few details?

like "all factory parts CONVERTED SR9" or "Illegal Machinegun" ?

if like stated, there were no pre-ban MSG90's, then its one or the other... IF there were one or 2 that made it in, THEN its a Registered Reciever, and should be VERY expencive. (Disregard due to edit. Not a RR its a Post sample machinegun)

And since i dont even think there were many (if any at all) G3's that are true RR's, rather than modified 91's, im pretty sure this thing is being set up for a world of hurt...

ETA

for a starting price of 8500-11000, thats WAYYY to cheap for a RR.

Someone either made a HUGE miscalculation when selling off a machinegun that they didn't know was a MG, or this is converted, and they lied or "omitted" the details of the conversion. In either case, DO NOT BUY!!!!!!

The date code (IK = 89 as in 1989) is after the machinegun ban, so it doesn't matter either way. Its a post-sample machinegun, and its illegal to sell to civies.

Someone needs to contact them, or the ATF.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I will give them a call and find out since I started this. I will post their response. My Dad and I have dealt with them many times.

Bill

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, I called Rock Island and talked to the head dude and he took the rifle apart and it is indeed a push pin reciever, NOT clipped and pinned. He said he will check with the consigner to see if there is some sort of legal paperwork to make this rifle transferable to civilians. He is in for a big surprise when the person has none. If there is some way he has a legal MSG90 then you guys just keep an eye on the link at the beginning of this post and see if it is still posted with an updated description.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It is an MSG90 post sample machine gun, you can tell 100% sure by the prefix of 45- serial number.

It IS LEGAL! Just not for civilian ownership. All the C3 dealers who participate in the auction will have the opportunity to buy it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to commend wild bill for calling the honest business instead of freaking and calling the ATF. They are not your friends.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I didn't mean to call the ATF in the first place. Mr. Wild Bill did the right thing by calling them up in the first place and having them look into it.

The problem is, unfortunatly someone could have gone to jail for this little "misunderstanding", and if the company wasn't co-operative to verify the rifle was NOT civilian legal, then they are the guilty party, and something would need to be done.

Im glad they were cooperative, and they are looking into their, or the consignee's mistake.

Im hopeful it will work out fine in the end, but in todays world, you can never be to cautious.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts