HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I planned on buying a POF and MKE MP5 type gun, after I bought my first MKE I just couldn't see how the POF could be any better so now I have three MKE's. That being done I am still thinking about buying POF gun since as far as I am concerned the best gun ever made is the MP5 imo. I have my eye on the POF MP5K type gun since it's more like the reverse stretches, not sure why it wasn't just called a shrink but that is best for another discussion, I don't have one in that configuration.

My question is anybody have both and you tell me how they compare, fit, function, finish compatibility with HK furniture etc?

Thanx, Axe

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
So I planned on buying a POF and MKE MP5 type gun, after I bought my first MKE I just couldn't see how the POF could be any better so now I have three MKE's. That being done I am still thinking about buying POF gun since as far as I am concerned the best gun ever made is the MP5 imo. I have my eye on the POF MP5K type gun since it's more like the reverse stretches, not sure why it wasn't just called a shrink but that is best for another discussion, I don't have one in that configuration.

My question is anybody have both and you tell me how they compare, fit, function, finish compatibility with HK furniture etc?

Thanx, Axe
I was wondering the same thing, so I'm awaiting a reply that is much more meaningful than my own.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've read reviews stating the POF guns have poor paint jobs that don't stop rust, but I've never handled one myself. I've seen light surface rusting on my PTR before and no one complains about that, so I suppose MP5 clones are just held to a higher standard.

I've yet to see any rust on either of my Zeniths, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've heard the finish in POFs are inferior, and there are some issues with front sight tower canting. Then again, my Z-5RS had its barrel misaligned with the receiver (Zenith quickly made it right), so YMMV. There are always going to be lemons. But from what I can tell, there isn't anything a POF can do that the Zenith can't, and it seems that overall the Zeniths are of higher quality.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
The issues with the poor paint quality and crooked triple trees on the POF's have been solved according to Atlantic. I just received a POF5 and there are no sticky paint issues or crooked parts on the pistol. The paint durability is poor and the unit had scratches right out of the box but that's of little consequence as I intended to refinish the piece from the get go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a POF 5PK and a Zenith(MKE) Z43P (HK33K clone) and between the two I feel like the Z43 has slightly better built quality, but not by much. The main difference I noticed is that the welds are a little nicer on the MKE. My POF MP5 did not have any finish issues, but the barrel was installed incorrectly (originally thought it was a canted sight tower, but not the case). Atlantic Arms made it right and paid for the work to correct it. Also, my POF had issues ejecting which have been corrected by replacing the ejection lever with an HK brand one. That seems to be a fairly common problem with all licensed MP5 ejector levers though and I've read online accounts of MKE guns having the same issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts