HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a roller lock gun I would imagine it could be hard on brass. I've had 5.56 clones that eat brass. It seems like my guns with real HK barrels do better. I can handle a few dents and flute marks. By flute marks I mean stains not cuts. If it ruins my brass after one firing It wouldn't be much fun for me to shoot.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The guys shooting tracers tend to shoot reloads in new or once fired LC cases with NATO spec loading, however, at shoots one does not tend to get you brass back for an HK as it is down range. Last weekend we shot in the snow and the cases (mostly Wolf ;-) are down range until spring.

That said the cases I have looked at don't appear any worst than from my factor HKs, but have not loaded any to date, as working off the small pile of 223 I ordered election night a little over three years ago (pile is not yet half gone, but hope to be through it this summer as soon as have it linked ;-).

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
at shoots one does not tend to get you brass back for an HK as it is down range. Last weekend we shot in the snow and the cases (mostly Wolf ;-) are down range until spring.
Yep, you'll loose a few cases to dents and dings, but the 23e is no worse/better than my 93.
Sounds like you guys need one of my brass catchers...

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Yep... ain't it cool? 'Tolja I was lazy...

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I've got no problems finding my brass, or picking it up, but hows that catcher thingy going to help with the ejection port ding?

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
I've got no problems finding my brass, or picking it up, but hows that catcher thingy going to help with the ejection port ding?
My dies don't care about dings... neither do my guns.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
I see... but I enjoy shootin' the breeze when the cease fire is sounded, rather than bendin' over and huffin' and searching for all the brass. Very little brass escapes the deadly laundry bag thingie.

(We actually had a guy than could identify the various manufacture , headstamps and even sometimes the year of brass by popping off the shoes and searching for them barefoot).... nahhhh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts