HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is cold and snowing here these last few weeks. So much so that I haven't gotten much shooting in.

Went coyote hunting, but nothing showed up. Guess they didn't like the tune I was playing on that caller.

I don't think I have popped a cap in a month or so.

Anybody have some great range stories so that I may live vicariously?

Thanks.

P.S. Hope the snow lets up soon or I may find myself taking up some sort of indoor hobby like macrame or something. eeeesh!

·
Registered
31 Posts
not much pistol/rifle target shooting since october here. i've been spending most of my trigger time flushing grouse (and even more TRYING to flush)...

...and a little trap here and there to help get my bead back on target.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been shooting 3 times last week and will be going again this weekend. O yeah I live in FL.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I keep on to my long time average of one training session per week, plus some competitions approximately every other weekend. Don´t care about the weather, just wear a thicker coat or shoot on the move :)

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I shoot no matter the weather. I've even been known to leave the truck running with the heater on full blast while I ran out to ahoot a mag then back to the truck. Minus 5 and a 10 mph wind cut through quick!
Must admit thought that Saturday I didn't want to mess with the weather and actuall paid !!!! to shoot at an indoor range. Put about 150 through the P2k and felt much better. Afforded me an opportunity to check out the HK45 too!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been shooting buckshot outdoors in the Cold.

Nothing like a magnum load cutting into you shoulder in the cold ass fog.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,942 Posts
It's still shorts and t-shirt weather up until this morning in the Houston area. Been to the range a bunch and have been doing my best to create once fired brass.

... chuckle note: I know that there are a lot of folks who reload and take it quite seriously. When they see that my group is not picking up brass, they often ask if they can scrounge. We tell 'em no problem, but that it won't be worth squat. Sure enough, they pick up the fluted brass from the MP5 and just drop their shoulders and sigh...

Lot's of practice on steel, moving drills, transitions, etc. God bless the roller locked mechanism!

·
2,832 Posts
I must be getting whimpy....my feet get cold standing on the concrete, so not alot of range time, maybe just 1-2 times a month.....

and I know what ya mean about the flutted brass.....the range RO"s always know when I have been around ;)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I hate paying for it but I am spending more time at the indoor ranges. Its too damn cold outside.

·
Registered
558 Posts
IDPA match this Saturday. I'll be putting my HK45 through its paces. Doesn't get too cold down here. When it does it doesn't last long. It's in the 30's right now but it's supposed to hit 70 this Saturday. That's why everybody gets sick.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Last week it was 50's, today has been nothing but snow and teens, and Sunday predicts mid 50's again. Mother nature seems moody, but at least I got to go shooting in December.

·
Registered
36 Posts
P.S. Hope the snow lets up soon or I may find myself taking up some sort of indoor hobby like macrame or something. eeeesh!
Scares me that you know how to spell macrame, or for that matter that you would be thinking of taking it up. ;) I forgot all about that until just now - I think the last time I heard about macrame was when my sister had taken up the hobby when she was around 10. If it's gotten to that point, I'd think about finding an indoor range first.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
We're qualifying this Friday, so there' be a good bit of trigger-time across the board. I'm hoping it's not too cold/rainy . . .

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well it is still pretty cold here too. Only got up to 68 yesterday ::smiles his jolly smile:: I can say a lot of things about California but complaining about the weather is not one of them. My daughter and I went out yesterday and ran 350 rounds of .45 with a USPf. What a blast.
(Better than shooting into the air at midnight like some crazy fools at my neighbors house. Must have been 8 or 10 guns shooting off clips as fast as they could pull the trigger.)
Daughter drilled a raged hole with 20 rounds at 25 feet. Lots of steel, some at 120 feet, most at shorter ranges.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just got back from the range a little while ago. My Elite 9mm finally came in, and let me tell you, when people say its a tack driver, they sure as hell aren't lying! This thing makes me look like I actually know what I'm doing!

Excellent pistol and after only 100 rounds through it, I'm very glad I picked this beauty up.

Now I just have to find a M8 or PSP for a decent price and then hopefully my addiction will be satisfied for a time. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just got back from the range a little while ago. My Elite 9mm finally came in, and let me tell you, when people say its a tack driver, they sure as hell aren't lying! This thing makes me look like I actually know what I'm doing!

Excellent pistol and after only 100 rounds through it, I'm very glad I picked this beauty up.

Now I just have to find a M8 or PSP for a decent price and then hopefully my addiction will be satisfied for a time. :)
Nice! Can't wait to see that beauty in person!

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm in RI and my range has a indoor pistol range open 24/7 I try to get 100-200 rounds a week in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It finally got above 0* here, so I went to the range for some FA fun...

Suppressors are nice for warming hands, especially after a mag dump... ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to the range here in CT on New Years Day. It was about 30 degrees out and snowing. It's a tradition that all the Class 3 guys get together and shoot on New Years Day. I took my HK21! Nothing like a warm beltfed on a cold day!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts