HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a tv commercial on the HK MP5-22LR SD made by Walther. Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just picked mine up last week. I bought it via Davidson's Gallery of Guns site. Good price and quick response. I seems solid and well built. Haven't had a chance to shoot it but happy with purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Purchased one about two months ago. It’s a great little shooter!
Mounted a NV and go after coyotes with it. Fairly accurate for a .22 and solid. The only drawback is the collapsible stock that is only 2 position and can rattle a bit.
You will want the ORIGINAL design claw mount for any mounting as that the mount lock on top of the receiver will not allow a B-square or other style of mount to work. I had to modify the B-square and void the warrantee to get it to mount properly.

The overall feel of it is almost exactly the same as the real SD in 9mm say for a tiny number of diff. mostly in the way the bolt drop feels. The fake suppressor is fun to play with and keeps a solid lock on the front of the weapon which allows for a solid hand weld. The sights are great and function about the same as an SP89. The trigger is a bit odd at first but you do get used to it.
I hope that sometime in the future someone creates an affordable suppressor with the back flow feature to allow the barrel to work suppressed. The size of such a can alone would nearly silence to an actual whisper the shot say for the sonic crack and the action moving. But time will tell.
This is not convertible to any other HK product and cannot use the 94 solid butt stock or any SP89 parts. The trigger group is set up to prevent this as is the receiver to accept any 9mm parts.
Overall I am satisfied.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I posted this in the "HK Clone Talk" section:

I finally got mine, MP5 A5 22LR, to the range yesterday. I had installed a "Leapers UTG New Generation Bi-Directional Stanag Claw Picatinny-Style Rail H&K Matte" I bought from Midway. The mount required a little Dremel work to make it fit square and tight. I put an inexpensive TruGlo dual color open red/green dot sight. It was an indoor range, so I couldn't shoot long distances, but it was a real hoot. A couple minor adjustment to the sight, then just a matter of standing there and plinkin' out the center of the target. I am very happy with the way mine operated. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford one in 9mm.

Took it to the range again today, I absolutely love this little rifle. Yeah, I'm a wannabe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll jump in here.....two years later I finally got one. I took it to a local range and shot it while shooting a select fire MP5 in .40 S&W. Felt almost exactly the same (dimensions, weight, etc...) and to be honest, I've shot a MP5SD in 9mm before and this thing felt almost the same. I love it. Put hundreds of rounds through it so far. No FTF or FTE. I am looking for a MP5A5 in .22 now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts