HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice pistol SD clone to run with a FA pack. Anyone. Holding the pistol version yet with a original style or upgraded can?

Must be a pistol because MI is a NO SBR state.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Where have you been? Coharie built some and had a fire sale a couple of years ago. I got the rifle for $1500. Others got the pistol version. It's got a stainless can so it's a little front heavy. But quiet.

Some of the builders here like GhillieBear and Chopstix build them too, I think. I'm sure someone will join in here soon.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Andre,
I have a couple SD pistols yet coming due on the current build. I'll shoot you a pm with details.
Dj

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Andre,
I have a couple SD pistols yet coming due on the current build. I'll shoot you a pm with details.
Dj

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iv known about the CA builds a while ago but we only got the ok for silencers in MI mid last year so I couldn't own one at the time.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
In that "fire sale" I bought a CA89 SD pistol. As "Retro" said, the CA can is stainless steel. My CA SD can weighs a little over two lbs. RCM is going to be having a run of SD cans. I sent Mike at RCM my CA SD can. He said that the CA can was an exact copy of the cans that they used to make for CA, except that the RCM cans are made from aluminum instead of SS. Mike said that since the CA specs are the same, he could do an "upgrade" by changing the internals of the CA SD can with his aluminum SD internals. That would lighten the can by around 1 1/2 lbs. If your interested in an "upgrade" or an all aluminum SD can contact Mike at RCM. To me since I already have the SS CA SD can, the "upgrade" would be a lot less than a new RCM SD can.

I'm having Jeff build me a couple more SD pistols. HK Parts has a US made SD front end kit with a RCM SD barrel and trunnion. HK Parts also has a complete US made RCM SD bolt group for around $450. I already have some SW full size 9mm receivers, so add a mag catch assembly, rear sight, semi trigger group, and pistol end cap, Jeff can build a SD pistol. The RCM, CA, and HK factory use the same general specs for the barrels so both the CA and RCM SD cans will interchange. While it would be cool to use a factory SD parts set, at over $2,000 for a HK SD parts set, I'd rather use brand new US made parts. Unless I could see the HK parts set myself, I'd worry about getting a bulged barrel. Good luck with your SD pistol project.

Scott

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
There's this little company in Michigan call Dakota Tactical. Bummer is that they have a super long wait list something like 8-12 months, the owner hardly ever answers his phone (but he does call you back--often times while grocery shipping late at night), and he's typically is only online when he's sitting on the toilet. Oh, and his voice mail on his phone is fubar'd so you have to text message him.

But... I hear they build a super nice SD, guaranteed to be one of the nicest, if not thee nicest SD clone you can buy and they are not that much more money that the other builders that can be found here. So if you don't mind waiting and long time and having your phone calls temporarily ignored, you will eventually get a firearm that many hail to be the next best thing to a real HK.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hey that sounds like a really cool company chops!! Lol. Hey, why don't you just hire me to be phone intake? It'd make things easier on ya!

To the op, chops does great work, Jayson at IGF makes these, ghilliebear2000 makes these and black market parts sells completed barreled uppers. Just depends how much, how long and how good you want it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's this little company in Michigan call Dakota Tactical. Bummer is that they have a super long wait list something like 8-12 months, the owner hardly ever answers his phone (but he does call you back--often times while grocery shipping late at night), and he's typically is only online when he's sitting on the toilet. Oh, and his voice mail on his phone is fubar'd so you have to text message him.

But... I hear they build a super nice SD, guaranteed to be one of the nicest, if not thee nicest SD clone you can buy and they are not that much more money that the other builders that can be found here. So if you don't mind waiting and long time and having your phone calls temporarily ignored, you will eventually get a firearm that many hail to be the next best thing to a real HK.
I think I've heard of this outfit or seen the name on my dwindling bank statement? All jokes aside, when I was looking for a high quality clone recently I read about every one on the market and researched most of the Smiths doing MP5 builds. "Joe at Dakota Tactical" kept coming up in my conversations with others far more knowledgeable than I am about these guns. I don't mind waiting for a quality product so a couple of weeks ago, I took my place in Joe's 6-8 mos. line. Can't wait!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have two of Joe's MP 5 clones, a Navy and an F. Both are works of art and run better than my friends HK MP 5's (he is a class three dealer). Of course Joe taught me the secret of keeping the extractor spring adjusted, but I am sure he would do the same for you too.

Definitely worth the wait, I have a G 36 conversion somewhere in the queue as well.

T

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha very funny Joe! I still havent got my HK 91 to you for a remarking and paddle mag release yet. Everytime I tried finding the time somthing always came up. Do you make the correct silencer for the SD?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also can I transfer the can for it directly from you to me if you make them? If so Ill give you a call asap!!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I don't make cans, yet. But yes, if/when I do make them I'll be able to transfer it direct. I need to get with Mike over at RCM to see if his are oversized like the Coharie cans. If they are, the cocking tube support needs to be machined for clearance; something that I am not fond of. Much of what I decide on cans is going to depend on whether or not the RCM cans are oversized or not.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Recently I sent Mike my CA SD can. It is my understanding that RCM made the original cans for Todd's SDs. Mike said that the recent production CA SD cans (I bought my CA89 SD during the "Going Out Of Roller Locked Guns" sale for $1,450 including the can) are made exactly like the RCM cans except the RCM SD cans are aluminum and the CA SD cans are stainless steel. Mike said that once RCM goes into production on the next set of cans, he could replace my SS internals with aluminum internals as an "upgrade". The US front end SD kit that Adam (HK Parts) sells has a machined cocking tube like the CA guns. Good luck with the SD project.

Scott

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't make cans, yet. But yes, if/when I do make them I'll be able to transfer it direct. I need to get with Mike over at RCM to see if his are oversized like the Coharie cans. If they are, the cocking tube needs to be machined for clearance; something that I am not fond of. Much of what I decide on cans is going to depend on whether or not the RCM cans are oversized or not.
Please let me know. I would rather just get the complete SD pistol from you including the can. That way I can submit the forms and hopefully have a complete SD by the time the stamp comes back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts