HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation, some of my more broken in usp 45 12rnd mags will fit 13. I don't do it that often but it is not hard to put that 13th round in. I think it is cool. And I don't agree with babying mags, so don't chime in and give a lecture on how you download your mags by 2 because you love them.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I owned a 45 for a month or so, and yes, I was able to get the extra rounds in without a issue.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
When I had my USP .45 I was able to squeeze in an extra round. You are also able to fit 11 rounds in the new HK45 mags.

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
You can usually stuff another round in there, but what I always say to myself is..."if HK engineers designed this magazine to hold another round, they'd tell you".

One round isn't worth possibly damaging your magazine or making your firearm less reliable.

Ever try a speed reload using a magazine that doesn't seat as easily as it should? I'd try that before you use your overstuffed mags for anything serious.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have not tried to get another round into my new HK45. But it seems like another might fit. By "over-stuffing" your mags, is it effecting the mags in a negative way??

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can usually stuff another round in there, but what I always say to myself is..."if HK engineers designed this magazine to hold another round, they'd tell you".

One round isn't worth possibly damaging your magazine or making your firearm less reliable.
Like Marksman stated, there is a reason why the design allows for that extra space. Over compressing the spring overlaps the coils and can cause distortion that will lead to feed problems. Also stuffing in that extra round can damage the mag lip and lead to feed problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i can fit a bunch of extra rounds in my high cap uzi mags, but put too many extra in and you get massive feeding issues... i'd predict potential for the same with HK mags.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I never tried. I really dont recommend 'over loading' the mags past specified capacity - it could cause feeding issues, but like others have posted - it is possible to stuff another round in the mags some time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've never tried it on an HK. I down load my Glock 22 mag to 14 instead of 15 to help seat the mag during reloads. I hear that alot about Glock mags, and I think that HK made their mags to be reliable with the recommended amount of rounds in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts