HKPRO Forums banner

Anyone else getting rust on NEW production MP5 mags?

12K views 56 replies 23 participants last post by  Oicani 
I had the issue after the last class , I think we had a light drizzle and they got wet. Came home noticed the rust and re lubed all of them . All of mine were the older generation mags 15 to 18 years old.

Not sure what you mean by "last class", but do you think this might include the ones I bought from you Saab95v6 a while back. Mine are still in the packaging but just want to be on the look out.

What this Birdsong Black T finish people are talking about?
I did a MP5 class, we had light rain or dew for shooting late , so I threw them in a bag without wiping them , and had some light rust on 2 mags out of 14 I took . I use some G96 CLP to wipe the light rust off , now they are good as new.
The new one I sell are all sealed in individual packaging from HK with no visible problems . Maybe wiping them down with quality CLP would be prudent . This is the HK finish problem , not who you bought them from or which batch them came from .
My personal ones ,actually were bought like 15 years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.