Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have tested my HK45's trigger pull and it is 4.4-4.6 pounds

My USP 9mm is 6 pounds.

My SIG 220 is 4.9 pounds

My p7m8 is 4.1 (very well worn).

It looks like HK told the lawyers to go to hell.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thats for posting this Greg as I was wondering what the trigger is on the Hk45. Where you able to check the DA pull?
Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm wondering what the DA pull is. 4.4 lbs. is pretty good for a combat gun for SA. Not too heavy, not too light. BTW, lots of us lawyers carry HKs and very high end 1911s. It's also much much more difficult to file a suit that has enough merit to get lots of money.....especially regarding guns. Just because a trigger is heavier also doesn't mean it's a worse pull. Different variations work for different people. I, for one, actually shoot the Sig DAK trigger really well for some strange reason. Most of my friends prefer the HK LEM.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark,

I wasn't able to check DA (scale only goes to 8 pounds). It feels like pretty standard HK DA, heavy with zero creep.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Mark,

I wasn't able to check DA (scale only goes to 8 pounds). It feels like pretty standard HK DA, heavy with zero creep.
Thanks Greg. I can't wait to finally pick mine up from my FFL :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's good news Greg. 4.4 to4.6 is great for a SA. Hopefully with time it will become more consistant and maybe even a bit lighter. Does the thumb safety feel more like a 1911 on your HK than the USP?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the variation is more my scale and where I put the finger on the trigger than the gun. I get the same variation out of all of my guns.

The thumb safety feels much more like a 1911 than the USP did. Frankly though, I thought the USP was fine.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think the variation is more my scale and where I put the finger on the trigger than the gun. I get the same variation out of all of my guns.

The thumb safety feels much more like a 1911 than the USP did. Frankly though, I thought the USP was fine.
Thanks Greg, I think I'm going to have to get one. Who knows, it may replace my 1911 for conceal carry dare I even think it?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is more comfortable to carry than a 1911 (I was carrying a fullsize 1911 just prior to getting it), but it is still pretty big (but lightweight). The compact model should be here soon. I will definitly be picking up one of those also. Then the damn tac model etc. Jeeze.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The more I read about these, the more I want one...

Hmmm...If things go well, I'll be getting a $3200 year-end bonus...:41:

Hellooooooo HK45...

and hellooooooooooo pissed off GF hahaha

"You spent HOW MUCH on a gun?!"

Keep in mind this is the girl who wigged when I dropped under five bills on an XD45...And doesn't know how much my USP cost =X

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The more I read about these, the more I want one...

Hmmm...If things go well, I'll be getting a $3200 year-end bonus...:41:

Hellooooooo HK45...

and hellooooooooooo pissed off GF hahaha

"You spent HOW MUCH on a gun?!"

Keep in mind this is the girl who wigged when I dropped under five bills on an XD45...And doesn't know how much my USP cost =X
Sell the XD45 and use that money towards the HK45. Then tell the GF that it was an even trade. Works for me :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts