HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few P9S's and I was thinking of maybe two toning one, maybe refinishing it something a bit different...anyone ever try it has pics ideas suggestions???

Thanks

:750:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pimp...ya I just can't decide if it would be something "odd but kinda cool" or simply damn ugly and just not right! I was hoping someone had tried it or had a picture of one somewhere...but that should tell me something huh..no has seen it cause it's NOT a good idea lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
MY EYES!!!!

Looking at those desecrations of sacred relics made me want to jam a red hot poker into my eyes to ease the pain.

DON'T MESS WITH THE P9S.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HOLY UGLY BATMAN!!!! Thank you for correcting my brief insanity!

wow never again will I think of that!!!

Yikes!

THANKS...:confused:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Landpimp is right on the money. The P9S just doesn't look right in any other color than blue. There are a LOT of firearms that look great when customized. However, the P9S like the SIG P210, are really best left original. If I was ever planning to have a P9S or P210 refinished, it would be black.

What I'd like to see, is a company that specialized in "restoring" classic German firarms complete with the original bluing processes and especially restoring and/or preserving the original proof marks.

Doug Turnbull http://www.turnbullrestoration.com/ does great work with classic American firarms, and that's what I'd like to see for vintage German firearms. I realize Fords can re-do serial numbers and perhaps proof marks, but I've also heard the font they use doesn't match the factory markings exactly. ARS is the HK factory refinisher, but they aren't going to replicate the original finish on a P9S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts