HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Apparently this is just marketing hype and actually doesn't do what it claims. I am no longer interested in loading the stuff. http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Exotic_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

I just ran across this bullet for the first time. It seems to be a great application for personal defense. They are designed to fragment on impact so you have a lower chance of over penetration, maximum energy transfer, reduced recoil, and reduced ricochet. The TFSP = Total Fragmenting Soft Point. There is no mentioning of the ammo being +P or +P+

45 ACP 90 gr. TFSP 2036 fps / 828 flbs
45 ACP 115 gr. TFSP 1650 fps / 700 flbs

When I saw those ballistics I was thinking of the 5.7x28, except in bigger caliber.

Here are some ballistics. Cavity diameter and penetration depth shot at 30' through four (4) layers of Ballistic Nylon into calibrated 10% Ordnance First measure is cavity diameter. Second measure is penetration depth.

45 ACP 90 gr. 11" 11"
45 ACP 115 gr. 11" 12"

I'm not asking for reloading data for these bullets. I just wanted to see if anyone has used them before in their HKs. But if this is still a frowned upon topic, mods can feel free to delete this thread.

As far as what I use for s/d ammo right now, it's 185 grain JHP from Montana Gold with Vihtavuori n340. Yes, I make them myself and they have been 100% reliable in my HK45.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Feeding your HK Vihtavuori is the right thing to do and the N340 choice for 45ACP is spot-on what I use but for practice ammo only for obvious liability mitigating concerns. I applaud you none-the-less for making your own choices and as far as powder is concerned you'll find none better IMO (consistent performance plus cleanup benefits compared to the rest). The numbers sound interesting on those bullets - sorry I can't be of help there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts