HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First FTF with American Eagles brand after 3,200+ rounds in my USP. I noticed the recoil felt softer as soon as I fired the shot. The following round was half way chambered. I think the round was under powered. Has this happened to anyone with factory load?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have with my Tac .45. Some one gave me a blue box of ammo and said it did not work well in their gun, I had some miss loads similar to yours. Dont remember the brand name, but the box was blue with gold fine lines around it... as best I remember.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i had the exact same thing happen in my uspf 45 with remington umc.
felt a low recoil and before i got all the way thru the box i had an incomplete
load, that held the slide open a tad, but i have to say in about 6k thru the gun that is the only malfunction of any kind i have had

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Had some issues with cheapo Norinco ammo - some rounds felt noticeably lighter, but still poked holes where I aimed in the target. One squib with hungarian MFS (the bullet actualy got halfway out of the barrel, I pushed it out completely with a pencil). I do remember much more bad primers than light loads.

·
2,832 Posts
had a squib with some Win White Box......this was in my P9s SG.....luckly I noticed the sound, took it apart and got the rd out......only time its happened in 10,000rds

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have never had any problems of any kind, except for Wolf Ammo.
It is nasty.

I shoot WWB from Wal-Mart exculsively in 9mm and .45ACP.
I get the 100rd pack and it has worked perfectly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have never had any problems of any kind, except for Wolf Ammo.
It is nasty.

I shoot WWB from Wal-Mart exculsively in 9mm and .45ACP.
I get the 100rd pack and it has worked perfectly.

FYI, when you buy the boxes of blazer 50rnds its cheaper and for some reason I like the blazer over winchester.

IMO.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The only ammo problem I have ever had was with Remington UMC. The stuff is very under-powered.

·
Registered
429 Posts
my dept had a series of ammunition failure with federal eagle ammunition resulting in kabooms on our sig pros. We subsequently dropped federal all together and switched to remington without issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts