HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw Coharie selling CA53 and they look very interesting… anyone had CA53SD or CA53 before? It would be perfect for my sear!

Anyways, I’m worrying about the quality & reliability while running full-auto with these weapons.
How’s the effectiveness of SD model? I always liked the SD look and the idea of internal suppressor. Are they really quite & has good finish compare to the real HK?

·
Registered
611 Posts
These are new and still in production. no deliveries have been made.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
The CA53 has been modified to accept AR-15 mags. The Vector, which I feel is the better brand, at least for the 53. Is going to accept HK mags. I don't know if this the build of the 53 and I, myself are anxiously waiting to see what they look like. I'm thinking the quality will be there, it's going to be a matter whether you want a gun that uses AR mags or HK mags. I asked Todd if he would make one that took HK mags and he wasn't interested in doing so.

I have a V53 pistol, that I'm going to SBR. I just bought it last weekend and I am extremely happy with the look and quality of this firearm!

Regards,

R.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Well AR mags are a hell of a lot cheaper than HK53/93 mags. And the fact that I already have a lot of them makes the CA53AR look real attractive. A new 30 rnd. mag for $10-$12 is a bargain.

It's going to be very very interesting to see how well this new Coharie works. If built well and works well... it will greatly impact the market of .223 HK type weapons (I predict).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I heard stated that only about 100 of these are going to be made (that's all the parts kits he has left). I don't know how big an impact this will make on the market. I do know that I've already sent in payment for one and although it kills me, I can wait abit in order for it to be done right. There has been a lot of positive feedback on recent Cohaire guns. I'm hoping the lessons learned and improvements made over previous generations of guns will be applied to this weapon. I'm abit bummed that it's not being offered as a rifle thou (I'm in WA, no SBRs), but it's going to be a range toy so pistol it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts