HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a picture of the MK23 in a 6004 (want to know if it can be modded C&L)

Welp, we all know safariland makes a 6004 for the MK23, but unfortunately it does not allow one to carry the MK23 condition one, which IMHO is the only way to go, especially with that nice 12lbs DA pull.

Does anyone have a picture of the MK23 in a 6004, specifically near the SLS hood? I want to know if its possible to remove some material from the hood to clear the hammer without making the SLS hood too weak.

Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
No pic here, but Safariland actually makes a replacement hood for C&L applications on the USP and related guns. I have it for the Tac 45...not super-thrilled about it, and I don't know that I'd use it in a real carry application, as it's tough for the hood to provide real enough retention, and not snag up on a limited contact area with the hammer spur. The replacement hood is not notched, but rather sits a little higher and has a little angled spur on the inside surface that tries to mate up with the hammer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pic here, but Safariland actually makes a replacement hood for C&L applications on the USP and related guns. I have it for the Tac 45...not super-thrilled about it, and I don't know that I'd use it in a real carry application, as it's tough for the hood to provide real enough retention, and not snag up on a limited contact area with the hammer spur. The replacement hood is not notched, but rather sits a little higher and has a little angled spur on the inside surface that tries to mate up with the hammer.
I have a 6004 specifically made for the USP Tactical cocked and locked...and the SLS is positioned just like a 6004 for the 1911. It makes no contact with the hammer, except for the portion that strikes the back of the firing pin, and provides perfect retention.

Scott

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Big Pic Warning!!!

Marksman14, i have a Safariland 6005 (6004 with a QR buckle for the belt) for my Mark23.

I have the rotating hood "modified" so it will work DA or C&L. I took some closeup pics for you, its a fairly simple modification, but IMHO is a good mod to do for the holster!

It doesn't affect the retention of the holster at all, but the little "circle" cutout gives enough clearance so the hood will move without hitting anything.

When i originally cut the circle out, i made it only slightly bigger than the hammer area, but since the hood "stretches" when you push the hood lock down, i had to open it up more so that it cleared properly. Now it works perfectly!

It also completely covers the hammer in DA mode, so theres no chance of the hammer being raised up accidentally.

Hope this helps!

If you have any more questions or need some more pics just shoot me a PM or something ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts