HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And if so, would you be willing to post the serial number, or at least the first three digits of it? I have searched high and low for pictures or info regarding non-M8/M13 P7s from 1988 and have yet to see anything other than the PW Arms Bundeswehr surplus pistols such as the one I have, which seem to generally have neither date codes nor a date stamped on the slide. Mine has "IH"-marked magazines and came with no test target. 77*** seems to be the serial number range for 1988 P7s that aren't M8 or M13 variants, but that's just based on Bw-marked pistols, and those appear to be dated based primarily on the test targets many came with.

Alternatively, does anyone know if the Bundeswehr guns were definitively a run made in 1988? Basically, I'm just trying to nail down the year of manufacture of mine for reasons of idle curiosity more than anything else, and also general interest in why the Bundeswehr purchased these and then didn't issue them, or at least not widely.

Thanks for any info, and thanks for maintaining such a great resource here, which has come in handy for me countless times over the years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have looked that over, and I've seen this one as well, http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...nges-so-far-p7psp-p7m13-usp45-p2000-hk91.html. Also here and there around the internet individual Bw P7s for sale with 1988 test targets and a serial number in that range, but as of yet, not a single commercial or non-Bundeswehr police or military-issue heel-release single-stack P7 with the "II" date code or a number in that series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts