HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just received an email stating that he got my faxed order for some UMP floorplates and followers. He wrote that I would probably receive them in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I got some work done about a month ago, and I know he was crazy busy at that time.
He has a lot of projects going right now. I would guess he is either just very busy or maybe taking a few well deserved days off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HDPS

I just got my date via emnail from ED to send in my USC/UMP conversion from him just yesterday ....... I am schedule on March ..... :330:

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Nope. He's supposed to be sending me a stock block, but as of yet it hasn't hit my debit card.
Dave, decided to go the HDPS route? Yeah, I'm starting to wish I didn't sell mine :(

I got my hands on a demiled rear section to experiment with. I think I've found a way to attach one with leaving the s/n in place. Still evaluating the feasibility but I think it's doable.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I talked to him twice in the last couple weeks via email. He is super busy, but if you need to get a hold of him email is your best bet. It may take him a couple of days to respond but he will.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Dave, decided to go the HDPS route? Yeah, I'm starting to wish I didn't sell mine :(

I got my hands on a demiled rear section to experiment with. I think I've found a way to attach one with leaving the s/n in place. Still evaluating the feasibility but I think it's doable.
I've always been looking at HDPS, but I'm doing a UMP and not a G36, so the conversion is a lot easier. The only thing left is the opening for the magazine, and the stock block, since my UMP stock just got here today.

Oh, and one more thing I'm waiting on - I didn't want to cut on the receiver with an x-acto or dremel, so I decided to just buy my own Bridgeport mill, it'll be here in a few weeks. Sure, $3600 is a lot to pay for just one mag well opening, but now I can do lots of other fun stuff - like trigger packs, grip frames, etc. Now I just need a tig welder, and my 53s will finally be finished out. :) :)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
I've always been looking at HDPS, but I'm doing a UMP and not a G36, so the conversion is a lot easier. The only thing left is the opening for the magazine, and the stock block, since my UMP stock just got here today.

Oh, and one more thing I'm waiting on - I didn't want to cut on the receiver with an x-acto or dremel, so I decided to just buy my own Bridgeport mill, it'll be here in a few weeks. Sure, $3600 is a lot to pay for just one mag well opening, but now I can do lots of other fun stuff - like trigger packs, grip frames, etc. Now I just need a tig welder, and my 53s will finally be finished out. :) :)

Hey Hey! congrats on the Bridgeport! I use the HUGE one down at my buddy's shop but I have to admit... would be nice just to get up in the middle of a restless night and get to work in the garage :) Good luck with the tig... let me know if you eventually get one!

Side note: Waiting on a reply from the ATF regarding the "occasional" gunsmithing licensing stuff.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Coming Tuesday

USC/UMP conversion from him

He has had the flue

never talked to him
e-mails only

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I just heard from him today. He said the flu was like a vacation compared to a few kidney stones he's been dealing with since December. He also said he has a pile of backorders that he's furiously shipping out this week.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Three emails to him and no responce. Very strange!
Do you have a current order with him? I just got my USC/UMP conversion from him last week, in addition to several e-mails. You may want to call him and leave a message.

BTW the coversion is awesome...I don't know why I waited so long.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Three emails to him and no responce. Very strange!
I last emailed him Jan 29th about my stock block. He replied the next day that he had a pile of orders to go out, I was second in line. He shipped it out Jan 30th and sent me an invoice. The part arrived 2/1.

I know he's had the flu and was battling some kidney stones since December. Maybe one of them has caused him problems again.

Oh yeah, and my stock block is awesome! It's an extremely well made piece that fits perfectly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts