HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I located a G3 import clone rifle, green furniture and not from a kit. I THOUGHT I had seen an FMP rifle, but it is marked:

Indep. (manufacturer's name?)
G-3 (with a dash -)
Imported by CAI

What really is this? Is it an FMP or am I confused (I was told it was Portugese)?
At $1,400, is it a decent price? Good shooter? Collectible? Thanks.

Fred

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
If it's a CETME, that price is waaaay too high.

EDIT: Thanks for the links, John. I learned something new today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
CAI imported the receiver, trunion, and cocking tube as an assembly only. The rifle was assembled in the USA. Complete FMP rifles were only imported by PARS Int. A factory FMP would be marked G3S, XG3S, or SLG95 with PARS as the importer. Matt

·
2,831 Posts
learned what?......how to use the magic search button :D

sounds like a good gun from my quick readin of the links I posted.....which I learned something from as well ;)

If it's a CETME, that price is waaaay too high.
Thanks for the links, John. I learned something new today.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I Paid $750 for my PARS FMP xg3s import 3/89 in August 07 ( I would say the gun was 95% + when I got it). I have been told that I got a good buy but I can't see paying $1400 for a CIA built indep. I have seen these (indep) guns at gunshow around the 800-1000 range.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I have a G3K build using one of these receivers, and it runs great! It was built by Brian Zake a couple of years ago, and re-checked last year by Jayson at IGF. I say buy with confidence if the price is right.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a G3K build using one of these receivers, and it runs great! It was built by Brian Zake a couple of years ago, and re-checked last year by Jayson at IGF. I say buy with confidence if the price is right.

Thanks,
James
Nice looking G3. Mr. Zake builds a nice gun.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think there is one of these up for auction on GB right now. Item #88991688 does this look like the rifle? Please remove Item number if this brakes HKpro rules :29000:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, Buff, it is not close. It is the EXACT rifle that I saw at the show! I think I can get him down from $1,400.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts