HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,210 Posts
It is supposed to be amazing rust inhibitor... no idea how effective a cleaner it is, though.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
In my experience, anything labeled "all-purpose"... isn't.

Break-Free is an excellent example.

Billed as a "cleaner, lubricant, & preservative", it did a fair job of lubricating and preserving (if you remembered to shake it up well); it didn't clean worth a crap.

These "magic formulas" come and go. Me, I'll just stick with copper solvent for the bore, regular solvent to clean everything else, and a good oil for lube points... and a silicone cloth for the couple of blued guns I now have. ;)

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
EezOx is really great, especially as a preservative. It doesn't leave the gun greasy so it doesn't attract dust particles and it protects for a long...long time. I use is on my WW2 arms as well as my modern ones.

·
Registered
147 Posts
been using it on my HKs for awhile, love it. Finally started using it on my duty issued Glock 22 and have noticed that it stays cleaner and is easier to clean now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Eezox is fine for a water repellant and is a good thing to use just after shooting to stop things from freezing up. Still need to use a good copper solvent like the Hoppes No.9 in my experience, especially with HKs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:) Love the stuff! A super dry film rust inhibitor that is heavier than water. Squirt some gun oil on a wet firearm and it floats to the surface of the water. Eezox displaces the moisture and bonds to the metal like no other product I have seen. I also use it on my motorcycle chain and now I never see rust. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this product! I have seen it around for years, but never saw the rust tests - Im getting some...looks like every user is very happy with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is high quality stuff. I've been using it on my uspc .45 with great results. You won't need to use much! Hope this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I've used Eezox on my HKs for several years now and it does a good job. It really is superior as a protectant on metal. I have it on my blued Kabar and Camillus knives which have been stored for three years. The other day I pulled them out and they look just like the day I stored them. I also like Weapon Shield for general purposes and lube. Eezox doesn't lubricate as well as some others in my opinion. I really liked FP-10 until it was reformulated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have used Eezox for years- after a full clean ,degrease, I spray with Eezox- let dry, wipe/polish with old "Eezox rag" . The barrel gets a patch with FP10. One word of caution-a heavy coat of Eezox may cause cycle problems in COLD weather with semi-autos. Always wipe off the dry residual.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts