HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
In my experience, anything labeled "all-purpose"... isn't.

Break-Free is an excellent example.

Billed as a "cleaner, lubricant, & preservative", it did a fair job of lubricating and preserving (if you remembered to shake it up well); it didn't clean worth a crap.

These "magic formulas" come and go. Me, I'll just stick with copper solvent for the bore, regular solvent to clean everything else, and a good oil for lube points... and a silicone cloth for the couple of blued guns I now have. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Eezox is fine for a water repellant and is a good thing to use just after shooting to stop things from freezing up. Still need to use a good copper solvent like the Hoppes No.9 in my experience, especially with HKs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:) Love the stuff! A super dry film rust inhibitor that is heavier than water. Squirt some gun oil on a wet firearm and it floats to the surface of the water. Eezox displaces the moisture and bonds to the metal like no other product I have seen. I also use it on my motorcycle chain and now I never see rust. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this product! I have seen it around for years, but never saw the rust tests - Im getting some...looks like every user is very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I've used Eezox on my HKs for several years now and it does a good job. It really is superior as a protectant on metal. I have it on my blued Kabar and Camillus knives which have been stored for three years. The other day I pulled them out and they look just like the day I stored them. I also like Weapon Shield for general purposes and lube. Eezox doesn't lubricate as well as some others in my opinion. I really liked FP-10 until it was reformulated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have used Eezox for years- after a full clean ,degrease, I spray with Eezox- let dry, wipe/polish with old "Eezox rag" . The barrel gets a patch with FP10. One word of caution-a heavy coat of Eezox may cause cycle problems in COLD weather with semi-autos. Always wipe off the dry residual.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.