HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for my local dealer to get their shippment - I was wondering if anyone has or is planning to carry the HK45 as their primary ccw? The grip appears as long as the USP 45F but is also looks to be a tad thinner. I'm going to give it a try when I get mine.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
My P30 already moved into that postition but....who knows I will wait for it to come in and look at it myself.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My P30 already moved into that postition but....who knows I will wait for it to come in and look at it myself.
+1. to me the P30 is the better choice for ccw. yes i love to carry a .45 but its a little too big for all year around ccw. during the winter time i will carry my HK45, but my P30 works in all seasons.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with ya on the P30 being better suited for ccw as it is close in size to a Glock 19.....but I like to carry the 45ACP round over the 9mm if I have a choice. Maybe the answer is the HK45C but for the time being, I'm willing to give the HK45 a try.........I guess I won't know how it will fit until I can get one of my very own.

·
Registered
137 Posts
With what holster?
Just a good old leather pancake holster that I think was for a 1911 or even my USP40. It works fine but it's not a IWB. Cool weather helps(lite jacket). I have lots of old plain clothes duty holsters I need to try. I hope the holster making folks get on the ball and get us some good IWB holsters along with Safariland for duty holsters.
I agree with a lot of you guys that the P30 will carry better but the HK45 is no slouch because it is slim. Similar to the 1911 which to me (a bigger guy) is a great off duty carry gun. Don't get me wrong though I still love to carry my P2000 or SK off duty(comptac).

·
Registered
425 Posts
to pack or not to pack that is the .....

My P30 sits on my side as I type. With a loose shirt and a Desantis rig I have been carrying it for a couple of weeks. It just broke 1700 rds down the pipe about an hour ago. After doing drawing exercises and weak arm trade offs I have concluded this weapon has replaced my P7 as my personal defense weapon. I have been carrying the same P7 since 1993. Refinished 2X and it has seen its share of life situations so this is a bold statement coming from a fellow that would keep the squeeze cocker no matter what.
That being said, the HK45 will probably be added to the collection. But due to size I'm not sure if I can use it for year around carry. Come summer I may find myself with my P7 back in battery due to the p30's print while carrying. I am a stickler for "always" being armed. I am also a stickler for not appearing to be armed. So big guns make for bad concealment.
I'm lucky in the fact that I have a "Greek" build of being all shoulders and no ass so I can hold a lot of gun under a loose shirt:D Lets see what the holster gods bring forth.
P.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I agree with ya on the P30 being better suited for ccw as it is close in size to a Glock 19.....but I like to carry the 45ACP round over the 9mm if I have a choice. Maybe the answer is the HK45C but for the time being, I'm willing to give the HK45 a try.........I guess I won't know how it will fit until I can get one of my very own.

Yeah, I have both pistols the P30 and a G19 and they are very close in size.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No....but I plan to CCW a HK45 Compact. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Once I can finally get one home I will probably carry it. The one I played with felt smaller than my G21SFwhich served me well as EDC through the summer. The P30 is definitely easy to hide though. My VM2 for the USP45C fits it almost like a glove. It dissappears under a relatively form fitting tshirt. Since I have the option of wearing intucked polos or Gyabera type shirts most of the time I should be able to make the HK45 work for EDC. The compact should be a no brainer.

Anyone know if holsters for the USPF will fit the HK45?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts