HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the gun, and unfortunately the only gun store I know of close to me that would probably have it is closed on Mondays. I'm dying to know about how much one would cost. I've seen prices from around $600 all the way up to close to $900 so I have no idea really what to expect. Anyone have a good idea of prices around this area?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm interested in the gun, and unfortunately the only gun store I know of close to me that would probably have it is closed on Mondays. I'm dying to know about how much one would cost. I've seen prices from around $600 all the way up to close to $900 so I have no idea really what to expect. Anyone have a good idea of prices around this area?
Are you close to Southaven?

·
Registered
231 Posts
yes, in Southaven actually!
I bought my P2000 V3 .40 at Sportsman's Warehouse.
Have you been there yet?

I would rather buy from G&A in Southaven however!
Great bunch of guys over there!
I've spent waaaay too much money in that place over the years.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought my P2000 V3 .40 at Sportsman's Warehouse.
Have you been there yet?

I would rather buy from G&A in Southaven however!
Great bunch of guys over there!
I've spent waaaay too much money in that place over the years.
Well I checked Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and they didn't have the subcompact at all. They didn't even show they carried it. I'm wanting to get the subcompact in a 9 mm. I'm going to check Guns and Ammo tomorrow to see if they have it and how much it is. I work out in Memphis, so I'll probably check the one on Summer Ave. first before driving back home to Southaven. But if they have it down here, I'll buy it from them because, 1) I already am familiar with the guys in Southaven and like them, and 2) lower taxes.

This is pretty crazy, though. I wouldn't have imagined I'd find somebody from my hometown frequenting the boards.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well I checked Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and they didn't have the subcompact at all. They didn't even show they carried it. I'm wanting to get the subcompact in a 9 mm. I'm going to check Guns and Ammo tomorrow to see if they have it and how much it is. I work out in Memphis, so I'll probably check the one on Summer Ave. first before driving back home to Southaven. But if they have it down here, I'll buy it from them because, 1) I already am familiar with the guys in Southaven and like them, and 2) lower taxes.

This is pretty crazy, though. I wouldn't have imagined I'd find somebody from my hometown frequenting the boards.

I usually post on Sigforum but i'm all over these boards.
We shot IDPA in Southaven at Desoto Arms before it went belly up!
Ask for James if you go to the Summer store and tell him to give you a 50% Discount!

Lea

·
Registered
35 Posts
Olive Branch here. I bought my sk at G&A 2 weeks ago. They had 4 in stock if I remember right the .40 was around 770. I bought a 9mm that was on the shelf for a year. I have bought all my HK guns there. If the summer store has a gun you want they will transfer it to the shaven store.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you find one online, Jeff at The Gun Exchange in Olive Branch will do the transfer. I don't know what he would charge for it, he charged me 30 for a AR lower.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you say transferring it when finding it online, do you mean having him order it from some random site you find it on and paying him a fee?

I went to G&A in Southaven today and looked at the SK and the 9 mm was $840 :-O

And it was the DA only model, whereas I would prefer the SA/DA. I also stopped by the G&A on Summer today briefly but didn't pay attention to which one the SK they had was. I guess I'll have to go back. I just don't know. That's a lot of money. I'm looking for a compact carry pistol, and there are a lot of options. They showed me a Sig P232 in Southaven that was pretty nice, but I just don't know about .380. I suppose when it comes down to it and you're having to defend yourself when you're out on the town, it's not gonna make that much of a difference whether you're shooting a guy with .380 bullets or 9 mm bullets repeatedly.

Anyway, there's a lot more thinking to be done I guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in North Mississippi also...Hernando to be exact. Like someone said earlier, you can find what you want at the Summer location of G&A and simply have them transfer it to the Southaven store for you to pick up. Remember that if you pay cash, they will usually sell it to you at that price...meaning that sales tax is included. So if they quote $840...it is like getting it for $785 or so since the tax is included. I'm not saying that that is cheap, but it may help to justify the expense. Also try Jeff at the Gun Exchange or Dabb's Pawn and simply ask them how much they can order you one for. I have had the best luck so far overall at Dabb's lately. I have simply called them up and asked if they can get me XYZ gun for $XXX and believe it or not, they have matched my price and been cheaper than either Gun Exchange or G&A.

Maybe some of us from this board could get together and go shooting some time around here in North Mississippi...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe some of us from this board could get together and go shooting some time around here in North Mississippi...

Name the time and place. .380 beats nothing. It is alot of money for most HK handguns, but they are worth it IMHO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts