HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm drinking some imported Costa Rican coffee liquor right now and doing some thinking. I picked up a new Hensoldt Z24, un-issued condition for under $450. It's on it's way here as I type this. Anyway, I was thinking, these scopes are set up from 100 to 600 meters or 656 yards. What about reverse zeroing the scope? Setting the 6 for an 800 meter zero, then working back using a ballistic calculator and trying to figure out what the zero would be for each number for the same weight of bullet or something customized to say a 150gr bullet? I mean really- who needs a 100 meter setting, maybe make that "1" a 300 meter setting then move out from there. I haven't toyed with this nor do I have that kind of distance to play in but would gladly set up my initial zero on the "1" setting for a 300 meter zero- then move out from there. Has anyone tried this? What would be your "distances" ranged for the additional settings up to 6? No reason it can't be done as I've used Dragunov style optics on 5.45 and 5.56 AK weapons for years and done the same thing, simply reversed my range settings using the 7.62x54R cams for the respective rounds. Example, instead of 1100, 1200, and 1300 meter settings, I set these at 675, 750, and 800 meters respectively for 7n6 rounds. Though the actual numbers are somewhere close- just maybe 667 instead of 675 that I rounded up to. The numbers never work out to perfect round 100 meter settings or even perfect 50 meter setting increments- but they work out to something, at least close enough. Just curious to see if anyone has tried this for a farther battle zero and subsequent range settings using these optics.

7n6

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The fero z" or Z24" glass is crystal clear and when zeroed, using the settings as marked works PERFECT with 150gr m-80 ball. I just dont think its practical for this platform and scope to be as effective past the 600yrd distance at man sized targets. Remember bro,this is a 4x power battle sight, not a variable/10x sniper optic. JUST SAYIN. I can hit man sized sillouettes at 400 fairly easy,but 600 takes alot more luck with a 4x scope. They are great scopes for man sized ,do to the horizontal range estimation marks. go to mg-42.com - mg and it tells all about the fero-z heny. Mine took 5 min to zero in and to reset the turrets. It puts the round on target at each chosen distance, 1,2,3,4,5,6 as intended. great scope. Enjoy bro.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Yes thats what a fero-z hensoldt is bro. There are mod 1 and newer one is the Z24 or fero-z. i know exactly what they are, i have one myself. I was just trying to steer him to your site.thanks mg42

1 - 7 of 7 Posts