HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so from what I've seen it looks like its a 15x1RH pitch (can anyone confirm?) only part that sucks is it appears Silencerco doesn't make an ASR Brake in that thread/pitch; Anyone running the flash hider have any input as to possible baffle erosion?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Confirmed. The MR 556 is 1/2 x 28 but the MR 762 uses the same thread pitch as HK91/93's I believe is 15mmx1rh. I use AAC 762sd on mine and the old style three prong quick detach brake, it was all that was available and kinda hard to find. There not offering the new style brakes in that thread, AAC anyway.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ok so from what I've seen it looks like its a 15x1RH pitch (can anyone confirm?) only part that sucks is it appears Silencerco doesn't make an ASR Brake in that thread/pitch; Anyone running the flash hider have any input as to possible baffle erosion?
i run an ASR on my HK762 using a Silencerco Saker suppressor. i had to find a threaded adapter to go from the 15x1RH to 5/8x24 TPI though. i forgot where i purchased it though because its been a few years. i'll try and go back through older orders and see what i can find.

·
Registered
101 Posts
IMHO , the erosion issue is a bigger deal if you are thinking of using the suppressor on an SBR length barrel. In addition, as long as your barrel is at least the minimum length that Silencerco will warrant, you should be good to go. So unless you really want a brake , the available flash hider could be installed with no adapters or modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMHO , the erosion issue is a bigger deal if you are thinking of using the suppressor on an SBR length barrel. In addition, as long as your barrel is at least the minimum length that Silencerco will warrant, you should be good to go. So unless you really want a brake , the available flash hider could be installed with no adapters or modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed just nice to hear someone else say it :) that's what I'm going to do!!

·
Vendor
8,216 Posts
Brakes are tough on metric threads since by design, metric threaded barrels are designed to be muzzle bottoming, not barrel shoulder bottoming. You would need muzzle shims in order to time a brake. That's the reason SiCo never made a metric brake.

Tread carefully when suppressing the MR762. It overgasses like crazy. After a full day of shooting mine suppressed with Federal 7.62 NATO, the ejection port has already begun to deteriorate from brass impact.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brakes are tough on metric threads since by design, metric threaded barrels are designed to be muzzle bottoming, not barrel shoulder bottoming. You would need muzzle shims in order to time a brake. That's the reason SiCo never made a metric brake.

Tread carefully when suppressing the MR762. It overgasses like crazy. After a full day of shooting mine suppressed with Federal 7.62 NATO, the ejection port has already begun to deteriorate from brass impact.
Ahh makes perfect sense I'm surprised it would beat the rifle up that bad though that makes me sad :(

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
HK does not like anything suppressed unless blessed from the motherland. Good luck getting that. With that said. Dead air makes a conversion for your silco cans, which will allow you to run dead air breaks and flash hiders. Not cheap but another avenue for you to look into.

·
Vendor
8,216 Posts
HK does not like anything suppressed unless blessed from the motherland. Good luck getting that. With that said. Dead air makes a conversion for your silco cans, which will allow you to run dead air breaks and flash hiders. Not cheap but another avenue for you to look into.
The Dear Air M15x1 mount for SiCo cans is flash hider, not a brake... for the same reason SiCo does not make a metric brake.

·
Vendor
8,216 Posts
Ahh makes perfect sense I'm surprised it would beat the rifle up that bad though that makes me sad :(
Tell me about it. I don't mind beauty marks, but this irritated me a bit. I'll post a photo later.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell me about it. I don't mind beauty marks, but this irritated me a bit. I'll post a photo later.
Ugh. Well i'm now currently try to track down one of those unicorn adjustable gas blocks from the 417... see you in a decade when I find one LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
is there a reason that a Metric RH 15 x 1 Muzzle Break is not produced? Will the MR-762 with full length barrel function properly with a flash suppresser versus a muzzle break?
Does is make any difference to have a suppressor attached to a flash suppresser versus a muzzle break. I have a Saker ASR 762 suppressor and would like to use it on an MR-762 as well as an MR-556. I like the look of the muzzle break and would prefer it, but it appears that Silincerco does not make a muzzle break in the RH Metric 15 x1.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I have a brand new ASR 15x1 FH if you are looking for one pm me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts