HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
HKM4? I thought "416" came after they couldn't use HKM4 so they combined M16 and M4 into "416"

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The @ 10 prototypes made for the 2004 SHOT Show debut were marked "HKM4".
I am not aware of any marked HK416M4 - that would make no sense.
The HKM4's are unique in that they did not have ejection port covers.
Some still remain in the Gray Room in Ashburn.
HK was prohibited from selling them based on the terms of the lawsuit by Colt BUT that does not mean that someone "forgot" about that stipulation and funneled one out to a friend.

The real collectibles are the three US Govt issue M4's modified by HK GmbH into the first HKM4 configurations with HK op rods, barrels, bolts and buffers - kind of the "missing link".
I know where one is - the upper anyway - mounted in a shadow box with a very nice military unit coin next to it. It ended up in Germany by way of the sand box and other places unknown. I should have grabbed the other two! :(

G3Kurz

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
The @ 10 prototypes made for the 2004 SHOT Show debut were marked "HKM4".
I am not aware of any marked HK416M4 - that would make no sense.
The HKM4's are unique in that they did not have ejection port covers.
Some still remain in the Gray Room in Ashburn.
HK was prohibited from selling them based on the terms of the lawsuit by Colt BUT that does not mean that someone "forgot" about that stipulation and funneled one out to a friend.

The real collectibles are the three US Govt issue M4's modified by HK GmbH into the first HKM4 configurations with HK op rods, barrels, bolts and buffers - kind of the "missing link".
I know where one is - the upper anyway - mounted in a shadow box with a very nice military unit coin next to it. It ended up in Germany by way of the sand box and other places unknown. I should have grabbed the other two! :(

G3Kurz
The stories you could tell...

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,394 Posts
"The Book of G3Kurz"

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
What--- the dust jacket??? :biggrin:

Tony
How about the Back cover? Besides the Nimrod photo, two of the more famous HK photos are, Jim firing the E gun over his head for the front cover, and the backwards loaded magazine for the back cover. Hey, you have to have a sense of humor.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,324 Posts
And HK Parts will have exclusive rights to selling the book...your price, $400 a copy...$650 for the signed edition.
This little gem from @SudS deserve another look. I LOL'd

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G3Kurz
What ever happen to those guns ? Or are they still around.. Hearing that the grey room is going to be gone . So Hk will put it in there New factory in GA. Or Just sell everything. You know that let some of your old stuff go. Found things with the name Jim on them. Now I know... Yes I will buy your book for sure. Hope they haven't sold the old HKMP5 stand that you used a couple of time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts