HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
One of my LGS has a few, not sure if they still do since that was about 2 weeks ago. Looks nice. I finally had a chance to shoot a VP 9 at the range and want one.
As far as pics of it go, I am assuming you want a top of the slide view look on gun broker for VP9 ads. I believe the last time I checked the modern sportsman had picks of the top of the slide. ( I have no affiliation with the modern sportsman, it was the first add I found that I can remember about that had a top of the slide view).
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They are out there. I’ve had mine for 2 weeks. New standard features are optic cut slide, 17 round mags, and P2000 series dovetails for the iron sights. Everything else remains the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait. This is BK = 19
The new ones supposed to be CA =20

I did not know they started supporting red dots!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am interested if there are differences in finish, etc, as they were for 2019 models https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/501790-bk-built-usp-quality-changes.html
My BK P2000 and my new CA P30L have the same finish/quality as my AG USP45, my AI HK45, and my BI VP9SK. I followed the other thread closely (even made a post there in regards to my BK P2000) but I have not witnessed that myself through my (admittedly) small sampling. When I got my P2000 I thought maybe the finish looked a little different (deep black) but after breaking it in and carrying it daily since mid-October it seems to be the same as my others.

In fact, here is a picture from this morning of the HK45 (AI) and the P30L (CA) next to each other. This was right after I put about 100 rounds through the HK45 and 500 through the new P30L.

IMG_20200411_165621~5.jpg

·
Registered
487 Posts
My BK P2000 and my new CA P30L have the same finish/quality as my AG USP45, my AI HK45, and my BI VP9SK. I followed the other thread closely (even made a post there in regards to my BK P2000) but I have not witnessed that myself through my (admittedly) small sampling. When I got my P2000 I thought maybe the finish looked a little different (deep black) but after breaking it in and carrying it daily since mid-October it seems to be the same as my others.

In fact, here is a picture from this morning of the HK45 (AI) and the P30L (CA) next to each other. This was right after I put about 100 rounds through the HK45 and 500 through the new P30L.

View attachment 256472

I spoke to a longtime friend at H&K last week. The topic of the US production facility came up and I told him how positive this was for the American market as it greatly enhances the potential for them to offer an expanded product line.
The pistols that are “U.S. Made” *ONLY* have the injection molded frames produced in the U.S.
The slides, barrels, and ALL internal parts come from Germany.
Even the extruded polymer pellets used to produce the injection molded frames *come from Germany*.
I have compared my U.S. and German HKs, even across model lines. I do not see any difference whatsoever.

Edit: Even the metal frames / exoskeleton that the polymer pistol frame is molded over come from
Germany.

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
222 Posts
They are out there. I’ve had mine for 2 weeks. New standard features are optic cut slide, 17 round mags, and P2000 series dovetails for the iron sights. Everything else remains the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the 2020 VP guns have the same dovetail as the P2000? Sweet maybe there will be new aftermarket sight options for my P2k's.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I spoke to a longtime friend at H&K last week. The topic of the US production facility came up and I told him how positive this was for the American market as it greatly enhances the potential for them to offer an expanded product line.
The pistols that are “U.S. Made” *ONLY* have the injection molded frames produced in the U.S.
The slides, barrels, and ALL internal parts come from Germany.
Even the extruded polymer pellets used to produce the injection molded frames *come from Germany*.
I have compared my U.S. and German HKs, even across model lines. I do not see any difference whatsoever.

Good to know; I don't own any USA-made HKs yet but I'd like to pick up an US HK45 to go with my German HK45 at some point.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Is it just me or does that MARK 23 look a little smaller?
No sir. I can take a photo next to my full-size USP if you want to see the size difference. Look at the case it barely fits inside within the photo. The only thing different about it is past Mark 23's didn't have the hostile slide finish like this one does.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I am still confused about this picture up above. BK is not a CA 2020 date code.
The VP9-OR is a 2020 model, regardless when it was introduced/proofed in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised the CA units probably have 2019/BK frames (when they were proofed).
Same process with the P30SK mentioned above, it's an unchanged 201x model manufacted in CA/2020.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts