HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
No sir. I can take a photo next to my full-size USP if you want to see the size difference. Look at the case it barely fits inside within the photo. The only thing different about it is past Mark 23's didn't have the hostile slide finish like this one does.
I think he meant the "MARK 23" marking on the slide looked like a smaller font, but I don't think so.

I am still confused about this picture up above. BK is not a CA 2020 date code.
They probably had some extra BK slides available for early production or just dealer samples.

Reactions: anavrin0901
Yes, just the roll mark. I’m sure it’s normal.
Gotcha. I gotta admit you gave me a small complex last night haha I thought you meant the size of pistol. I'm more confused as I thought the Mark 23's had a special glossy coating on slide from past ones I have seen or am I mistaken?

I took this picture below. In it there's one of my full size USP's (used the grey one for comparison sake) .45 pistol at the top and the Mark 23 below. The lettering of the USP and Mark 23 on the slides seem to be the exact size.

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun barrel

The VP9-OR is a 2020 model, regardless when it was introduced/proofed in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised the CA units probably have 2019/BK frames (when they were proofed).
Same process with the P30SK mentioned above, it's an unchanged 201x model manufacted in CA/2020.
Exactly, my new CA P30L has a BK inside of the frame and my BK P2000 has a BH.

Gotcha. I gotta admit you gave me a small complex last night haha I thought you meant the size of pistol. I'm more confused as I thought the Mark 23's had a special glossy coating on slide from past ones I have seen or am I mistaken?

I took this picture below. In it there's one of my full size USP's (used the grey one for comparison sake) .45 pistol at the top and the Mark 23 below. The lettering of the USP and Mark 23 on the slides seem to be the exact size.

View attachment 256564
The bloom around the HK laser engraving made the Mark 23 marking look smaller than normal in comparison. My BG date code Mark 23 has that same dull slide finish.

The bloom around the HK laser engraving made the Mark 23 marking look smaller than normal in comparison. My BG date code Mark 23 has that same dull slide finish.
Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying :) May I inquire if you use a suppressor? My LGS where I picked this up from yesterday had no threaded adaptor that fit. Is there only a few options to use as far as a suppressor on these guys?

I’ve been using a Rugged Obsidian on mine. I would think most manufacturers make 16x1 RH pistons for their respective cans. That reminds me that I need to get a LH piston for my tactical pistols.

Yes. The thread protector on it you see in my photos in this post came with it from HK. Where did you order your Mark 23 from?
That's great, I swore they used to not come with them, or I am confusing it with the HK45 series.

Up here in Canada, I found 3 for roughly $1600 USD equivalent, so I had to jump on it. Planning to swap the sights out for P7-M8 Meps, but will try the stock adjustables first.

2nd HK for me, I have the full size HK45 with they grey guns short reset kit, light return trigger spring, and lazy wolf light hammer spring.

How are you finding your MK23? I'm super excited.

I’ve been using a Rugged Obsidian on mine. I would think most manufacturers make 16x1 RH pistons for their respective cans. That reminds me that I need to get a LH piston for my tactical pistols.

Sorry for the endless questions. This is all new world to me with Mark 23 and suppressor talk. Is this the one you got?

Product Text Font Screenshot Technology

I'm assuming the piston 16x1RH is what I need to connect my gun's thread to the suppressor right?

Last two questions. Is it true that HK only warranties guns used with BT or KAC suppressors? And how easy is this one to break down for cleaning? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

That's great, I swore they used to not come with them, or I am confusing it with the HK45 series.

Up here in Canada, I found 3 for roughly $1600 USD equivalent, so I had to jump on it. Planning to swap the sights out for P7-M8 Meps, but will try the stock adjustables first.

2nd HK for me, I have the full size HK45 with they grey guns short reset kit, light return trigger spring, and lazy wolf light hammer spring.

How are you finding your MK23? I'm super excited.

I literally just picked it up yesterday. Thus far I can say I love it :) but truth be told with COVID-19 my range I belong to is closed. As soon as it opens this will be the first one I fire! I also have an unfired MR556A1. I'm going out on a limb and saying my Mark 23 shoot not be much different than the 6 USPs I have. Were the 3 you found used I assume? I ended up finding one for $1999 brand new so I jumped on it. Didn't need it at all, but it was a bucket list purchase for me :) I am super excited to shoot it! My fiancee is a huge Sig girl and hasn't liked any of my USPs, but when I brought this home yesterday she loved it and even asked if there was a compact version haha. She makes fun of me all the time for the safeties on my USPs.

Sorry for the endless questions. This is all new world to me with Mark 23 and suppressor talk. Is this the one you got?

View attachment 256598

I'm assuming the piston 16x1RH is what I need to connect my gun's thread to the suppressor right?

Last two questions. Is it true that HK only warranties guns used with BT or KAC suppressors? And how easy is this one to break down for cleaning? THANKS IN ADVANCE!
That's correct on the suppressor piston. I can't say about the warranty, but someone here recently asked HK and received a non-committed response. I personally don't worry about it at all. I will be buying the KAC can just because though.

ETA: Can is fairly simple to take apart, but I don't have w whole lot of rounds through it yet. Maybe 2k.

Yes, this covid does suck. There's an outdoor range open around me, but it will be pretty cold. Still going when it gets here.

All 3 including the one I ordered are brand new. Smaller shops and 5% off sale for Easter here.

Same just, cant justify owing it, but always really wanted one for a range toy that will get put through its paces. Love this history behind it, and how it's overbuild like a tank, even compared to the USP or my HK45; more metal reinforcements, thicker polymer ect. Built like a tank.

You could always go LEM... HKs/SIGs/CZs/Glocks I like them all.

Yes, this covid does suck. There's an outdoor range open around me, but it will be pretty cold. Still going when it gets here.

All 3 including the one I ordered are brand new. Smaller shops and 5% off sale for Easter here.

Same just, cant justify owing it, but always really wanted one for a range toy that will get put through its paces. Love this history behind it, and how it's overbuild like a tank, even compared to the USP or my HK45; more metal reinforcements, thicker polymer ect. Built like a tank.

You could always go LEM... HKs/SIGs/CZs/Glocks I like them all.
Wow! So $1699 USD that is an AMAZING price! And I thought I got a good deal paying under 2K. I should have known you first :). I saw Euro Optics have it in the $1700s, but completely backordered. We do have some outdoor ranges around too. Whatever the situation is my Mark 23 is getting shot before the AR that much is for sure! Hit me up via PM when you try it out and let me know how it is!

Wow! So $1699 USD that is an AMAZING price! And I thought I got a good deal paying under 2K. I should have known you first :). I saw Euro Optics have it in the $1700s, but completely backordered. We do have some outdoor ranges around too. Whatever the situation is my Mark 23 is getting shot before the AR that much is for sure! Hit me up via PM when you try it out and let me know how it is!
1644.60 USD after our 5% tax shipped at the current exchange rate. There more of a market for them in the US it seems, and that can drive up the price.

Will do! Hoping it make it here in a week or so. Cheers.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.