HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought semiautomatics are prohibited in Canada?
Not yet! Current government is pushing for a semi-auto rifle ban/buyback but this pandemic has put that to the side for now. Pistols remain legal although theres permits and such that need to be maintained and you can only use them on an approved range (carry exists but only for rare cases).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting when they come out and what they will look like.
There are a few stores in my area that have them. I get why HK would release a general optics ready model with adapter options, like the MOS series of Glocks, but I would still go with getting your slide milled by a smith for a couple reasons.

At least at the stores in my area the 2020 Optics Ready VP9s are about $130 more than the non cut models and then require you to buy a $30 plate for your specific optic separately. Which puts the price of an optics ready model at about the same as buying a non cut VP9 and then having your smith mill it you your optic, so there's no real cost savings that way.

Combining this with the fact that the optic mounting method is bolting your red dot to a plate and then bolting that to a slide, you have more things that can go wrong and a less secure mount than a custom milled slide, the MOS Glocks are a good example of this where while they work, you have issue of screws not being able to get as good of a thread purchase and backing out over time due to the plates not being thick enough for proper depth screw holes, and optics losing zero due to the plate shifting while in use.

I'm sure HK worked on making a good system, but at best it will have performance close to an optic specific cut and they haven't been around long enough to prove that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So the 2020 VP guns have the same dovetail as the P2000? Sweet maybe there will be new aftermarket sight options for my P2k's.
That's great news, I can't wait till Heinie makes makes a set. I'm still mad they discontinued the USPC sights but tritum 2 dot Heinies on a V4.1 LEM P2000 would be a great mid sized carry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought it looked strange too at first. Then I realized it’s the slide that makes it look different. I’m used to the shiny maritime finish. The more matte finish on the newer production pieces looks odd if you’re used to shiny black. At least that’s what made it look weird to me.

Proof that the CA date code exists as I just brought this home today (serial number scrubbed in photo)

View attachment 256482
Is it just me or does that MARK 23 look a little smaller?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
That's great news, I can't wait till Heinie makes makes a set. I'm still mad they discontinued the USPC sights but tritum 2 dot Heinies on a V4.1 LEM P2000 would be a great mid sized carry.
Picking up P30L LEM today, sending to HK for the v4.1 next week. Ordered Heinie Straight 8 Ledge sights, should arrive Saturday. Great combo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a 2020 mark 23. No date code on slide. Small date code on bottom of trigger guard.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just picked up a 2020 mark 23. No date code on slide. Small date code on bottom of trigger guard. View attachment 282790
Ha, I literally just picked up my CA date code Mark 23 as well an hour ago from the LGS, and took me forever to find the date code marked there!! Would rather have had it on the slide, but oh well new gun day!! ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went looking over gunbroker pictures and it looks like theres a mix of each with some CA date codes on slide and others without. It looked like all of the ones without date code had serial numbers of 23-0228xx. Wonder if this is the new norm or a covid thing.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts