HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there gotten their hands on an HK G28 yet? Thoughts? Saw photos from the 2012 Shot Show; looks like an awesome rifle.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
German Army only (currently). At SHOT, the G28's were shipped in specifically for the show with ATF provisions. They weren't even at Media Day at the range. After the show, they were immediately boxed back up for export back to Germany.

So in short, no. You probably won't hear any direct feedback on the rifle(s) unless from the German Army or someone involved with the project.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder how long it will take for the semi-auto G28 to make it back to the US? On one of the photos of the G28 there was the US importer's name on the receiver; forget who??

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Wonder how long it will take for the semi-auto G28 to make it back to the US? On one of the photos of the G28 there was the US importer's name on the receiver; forget who??
I never say never, but don't hold your breath. FWIW, the G28 is a semi-auto only gun. It is built on the MR762 lower which is semi-auto. There are no importer markings on either gun as they were never an approved commercial (or gov't) import. As I noted, they were imported with ATF provisions specifically for the show.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
270 Posts
Considering all of the prior LE samples HK USA has gotten for Demo purposes, I wonder why they were not allowed to keep at least those two in country?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Considering all of the prior LE samples HK USA has gotten for Demo purposes, I wonder why they were not allowed to keep at least those two in country?
I wasn't aware that there were G28's in-country for T&E/Demo. I'll be in Ashburn next week, I'll have to ask about that.

What's the big deal anyways with them not sending g28's? If they are already shipping the mr762 and it's basically the same rifle...
Not at all the same rifle. The only thing they have in common is the shell of the lower and a few other misc parts. I think the bolt might be the same too. The upper, barrel, recoil system (I think), stock, forearm and FCG (I think) are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts