HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an LEM kit and waiting for my HK45 next week. Is it really going to fit like the HK45 glossy said? Somebody put me out of my misery, please!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just installed a CDNN LEM kit in my new HK45. Seems to work fine. Passes all the function tests. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it later today.

I didnt use any of the LEM kit springs. It is smooth and light (sorry, don't have a scale, so I can't measure it). Much lighter than my USPc .40 LEM. The reset is longer though, but not as long as my P2000sk.

It's going to be this, or a variant 9 for me. I thinking about picking up a match trigger kit, and seeing if it will fit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got to shoot it today, and noticed somthing kind of strange. When I let the trigger out to the reset point, there is a small "detent" feeling, right before the actual reset.

It's hard to describe, but as you let the trigger out, I hear a click, and it feel it in the trigger. allmost like it's to the reset point, but it's not. Have to let it out slightly more, to get the reset.

I've got lots of time behind a USPc .40 LEM, and P2000sk LEM. Neither of these guns do this. They both reset very crisply.

I returned the gun to Variant 1, and it's still there. Looks like the trigger bar is flexing as it's reset. Causing this "click".

I don't have any experience with USP fullsize pistols, but I asked a buddy with a USPf to check his out, and he says it's noticeable on his gun.

Anyone else notice this on their USPf's, or HK45's?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I going to in a few months, how much are they?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From CDNN, LEM kits have cost $50 and $9 shipping - when they have them. From HK, more like $70 and no instructions on installation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got to shoot it today, and noticed somthing kind of strange. When I let the trigger out to the reset point, there is a small "detent" feeling, right before the actual reset.

It's hard to describe, but as you let the trigger out, I hear a click, and it feel it in the trigger. allmost like it's to the reset point, but it's not. Have to let it out slightly more, to get the reset.

I've got lots of time behind a USPc .40 LEM, and P2000sk LEM. Neither of these guns do this. They both reset very crisply.

I returned the gun to Variant 1, and it's still there. Looks like the trigger bar is flexing as it's reset. Causing this "click".

I don't have any experience with USP fullsize pistols, but I asked a buddy with a USPf to check his out, and he says it's noticeable on his gun.

Anyone else notice this on their USPf's, or HK45's?

Yes, I noticed this today also. I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I only felt it when shooting controlled pairs and looking for thhe reset. When I did normal doubles or triples etc. I did not notice it. Inquiring minds want to know what's up here. Still a good trigger though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My old sk had that "click" too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put my CDNN LEM kit into my HK45 yesterday. I have not felt any extra clicks or sensations. Smooth reset..

My usp ct lem did not want to reset very smoothly and putting the stronger LEM kit trigger return spring in fixed that. Increased trigger pull weight, but fixed reset sluggishness and sensation.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts