HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't lower myself to put one of my bike tube grips on a gun of this quality although I have them on other guns and find them to work great) but I did put a Lone Wolf medium slip-on my P2000 and I like the feel. I'd like to compare it to a Butler Creek and maybe a Hogue. The Lone Wolf has no finger grooves and adds very little thickness to the grip. Anyone what to chime in? Thanks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I avoid 'slip-on' grips altogether...

*IMHO* it should be reserved for mall ninjas, unless one has a really-really good reason for it.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The P2000 is one of those guns that do not need anything. IMO the grip is perfect and feels great as is. The USP on the other hand really benefits from slip on grips IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a Hogue my P2000 because I use them on all my carry guns and grip uniformity is important to me.

On an average night of patrol my gun is in and out of my holster a dozen times and the only problem I uniquely had on my P2000 is sometimes it slipped down a little bit. While it did not affect the immediate operation of the pistol it could have interfered with a mag exchange. I used a tiny bit of hair spray to clear it up.

I have not used any other brands but for me the Hogue works well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a Hogue my P2000 because I use them on all my carry guns and grip uniformity is important to me.

On an average night of patrol my gun is in and out of my holster a dozen times and the only problem I uniquely had on my P2000 is sometimes it slipped down a little bit. While it did not affect the immediate operation of the pistol it could have interfered with a mag exchange. I used a tiny bit of hair spray to clear it up.

I have not used any other brands but for me the Hogue works well.
Same thing for me. And a little hairspray applied underneath these rubber grips really helps to keep them from shifting. I may give the Hogue a try. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts