HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is using grip tape on their HK45's for some extra traction/grip. I am looking for some extra grip and this seems like a good and cheap solution.

If you have done this please post some pics.

Thanks

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Yo man, we use electrical tape in da hood.

Ok, sorry Mark, I just couldn't resist :) There was a guy at the range the other day with a rubber sleeve on his glock. Not sure if that's the same thing but he did say it helped with larger hands.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try this instead

I went down to my local skateboard shop (Push'n Wood) and got a remnant of skateboard tape. Cut it to fit under the trigger and what a difference it made. There's noway that gun will slip out of you hand. I use it whenever and wherever I can.

just a little tip from your uncle Larry (way inside joke)

KAISER-MAN

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hate how tape leaves sticky residue everywhere on the grip. I use a cut piece of bike inner tube.... the one on my Glock has been there for 16 years give or take a year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Skateboard tape works well, but like HKGUY said, does leave a residue if you decide to take it off. The is some stuff called A-Grip that I saw once. Feels like a thin suede and a little tacky w/ sweaty hands, but many like it. I was considering getting that for my USP 45f so the grip doesn't get too much thicker.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed Hogue universal grip on my 45C. It is made of soft rubber, slips on with a little effort and does not use any adhesives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts