HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help guys, been thinking about another usp, most likely in .45, but am stuck between a tan usp custom combat .45, or a usp .45 tactical. I already have a .45 tactical and think it would be cool to have a matching pair. But then again a tan usp custom combat looks cool too, and it would take the same mags as my tactical. Have seen a custom combat for around 700 bucks, and a tactical for around 1000. Anyone recommend one over the other from experience? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry, no experience with the Custom Combat, but I had to vote for it anyway! I love my Tactickle, but I think adding a Combat to the Repertoire would be an excellent idea! Hmmm, what do I feel like today...tan or black? A nice dilemma to have..

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think variety is the spice of life...but Tacs can be had from CDNN for $799.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I think variety is the spice of life...but Tacs can be had from CDNN for $799.
+1. Variety is always good but between the two I would go with another Tactical. The Tac has more to offer IMO and you are already spoiled by the Match Trigger which is worth the extra cost over the Custom Combat. A Tan or OD Green Tactical would be a nice addition to the collection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think variety is the spice of life...
Indeed...

I would only vote for the Custom Combat because I have one and love it. I have never had a tactical, but I would hope I would love it more...for the extra money and all.

BTW, I think the OD looks sweet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive got an idea.. Is there anyway to get the composit green bottom half only that's on the Combat Tac? I would really love to mate it with my Stanless top half USP..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ive got an idea.. Is there anyway to get the composit green bottom half only that's on the Combat Tac? I would really love to mate it with my Stanless top half USP..
Yes, and you get a free slide assembly complete with barrel and recoil spring assembly!

Really though, I don't think so. I believe ATF considers the lower half the gun. Just buy one of each and mix and match.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes, and you get a free slide assembly complete with barrel and recoil spring assembly!

Really though, I don't think so. I believe ATF considers the lower half the gun. Just buy one of each and mix and match.
Yea I had that in mind

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. I would really like to have a matching pair of usp tactical .45s, but there is really no good way for me to justify it besides it being cool to have a matching pair. I also think that the tan custom combat looks cool, and its easier to justify to myself because it will fill a different role from my tactical. I like to think of guns as golf clubs, one for this and one for that. So in the end I think I will get a custom combat, also a bit cheaper. Probably not right away either, since christmas is right around the corner. Maybe if I continue to be really nice, santa will leave one under my tree this year!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Limted Edition ODGreen Tactical .45

My Limted Edition ODGreen Tactical .45

*Click to make me big*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go for the Tactical

I love my Tactical, it is extreemly accurate, with all ammo, not only that, it is the next best thing to a MK 23, but just right size. Left hand threads on the barrel are better than right hand threads, for a can that is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts