HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked mine up today. Have not shot it yet but was messing around with it at work. Got a question about the trigger/hammer and was wondering if others had the same experience. When I pull the DA about half way (hammer goes back with pull) until I hear a click (reset) and back the trigger back out, the hammer does not go all the way back to rest. It stays 1/4 inch off the firing pin. The same happens when I rack the slide and press the decock. It never goes back down to its rest position. The only way to get it to go back down is to squeeze the trigger (all the way) and manually thumb the hammer down ( the unsafe way and the reason they made a decock). I don't recall my P2K SK doing this.

Anyone else experiences this...Is this normal or is this a concern?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Picked mine up today. Have not shot it yet but was messing around with it at work. Got a question about the trigger/hammer and was wondering if others had the same experience. When I pull the DA about half way (hammer goes back with pull) until I hear a click (reset) and back the trigger back out, the hammer does not go all the way back to rest. It stays 1/4 inch off the firing pin. The same happens when I rack the slide and press the decock. It never goes back down to its rest position. The only way to get it to go back down is to squeeze the trigger (all the way) and manually thumb the hammer down ( the unsafe way and the reason they made a decock). I don't recall my P2K SK doing this.

Anyone else experiences this...Is this normal or is this a concern?

I dont have an hk45 but the usp and p2000 does the same thing, I would assume it is normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks sniper

My other guns are LEM and the only DA/SA I have is the P2K SK which i have not shot for a while.

Gun comes with 2 magazines (with finger rests), extra back panel that is a size medium (assuming the one on the pistol now is a small), 4 extra rubber o-rings, manuals, gun lock, and non-forming case.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Once the hammer goes back far enough for the hammer block to engage it will not go forward unless the trigger is pulled deactivating the hammer block. My P30 does the same thing. That click you feel is probably the hammer block snapping up into position.

Congrats on the new gun. Kit contents is kind of wierd though. I was under the impression that the gun came with 3 back straps, small, medium and large like the P30. I was also under the impression that the I rings wouldnt come till the tactical. Would you mind divulging the asking price and posting some pics for us to drool over. I am hoping that the up coming show this weekend will have a few samples to oogle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
that's where your hammer goes when you decock it. it only goes all the way down if you pull the trigger and the hammer hits the firing pin. The block prevents the hammer from hitting the pin until you pull the trigger all the way

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea, it's the firing pin block. If you have ever used a 1911, think of it as a "half-cock." If I were to push my decock lever and the hammer smacked the firing pin...I think I'd worry a little...

...well, OK, I'd worry a LOT...And I'd probably be a little hard of hearing for a while. I don't want the hammer anywhere near the firing pin if there's a round in the chamber (which you should be treating the weapon as if there always is to begin with).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts