HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my handguns I use aftermarket grips that help when your hands are sweaty. Is there anything that can be added to an MP5 grip and forearm to make it easier to hold ? Perhaps some kind of a wrap. Thanks

Also one more quick question, I notice different LE's and military will put different colored tape on MP5 mags. Is this to show different types of ammunition ? If that's the case I should probably try that when testing ammunition.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,942 Posts
Skateboard tape can offer a temporary solution if you want something that is not too permanent.

·
Registered
269 Posts
over the years, i've used skateboard tape, hogue grips, even the plastic goo which you buy at hardware store which you dip tools into to coat their handle, e.g. screwdriver, pliers, etc. i recall using no-skid, deck paint with grit in it...on my brother's rifle but he's not around for me to get evaluation (Afghan). but as far as I know, he's still using it

·
Registered
229 Posts
I use skateboard tape on both my MP5 grips.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Another product out there that is easy to remove is Vetrap.
Comes in colors and is that self clingy Ace bandage type stuff.
Not as much friction as grip tape, but much more easier to work with.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have had good luck using Plasti-Dip in spray can form on the butt of my V93's buttstock. You can spray it on just about any surface after some easy prep work. If it starts getting ragged just peal it off and spray on some more.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Hogue grip!? Inner tube? Rubber Bands? tape? All have been used. I think 4 sake of looks you can do some cool stuff with inner tubes and some of the hogue grips on the market.

I'll see if I can find some of my old photo's.

Regards,

r.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
My wife has a graphics and sign shop, I sourced some grip tape that is not the mineral type like skateboard tape and have scanned in and created various shapes to fit my grips and some mags using the cutters / die stampers she has at the shop. Works great and not super abrasive like the skateboard tape. Let me know what you are trying to make grippier, I don't have a mp5 but do have a 94. Maybe I can get you what you need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another product out there that is easy to remove is Vetrap.
Comes in colors and is that self clingy Ace bandage type stuff.
Not as much friction as grip tape, but much more easier to work with.
This stuff works great. I have used it also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On my handguns I use aftermarket grips that help when your hands are sweaty. Is there anything that can be added to an MP5 grip and forearm to make it easier to hold ? Perhaps some kind of a wrap. Thanks

Also one more quick question, I notice different LE's and military will put different colored tape on MP5 mags. Is this to show different types of ammunition ? If that's the case I should probably try that when testing ammunition.
I'm not sure if you were looking for a more permanent solution, but I found a guy local to me that does a "treatment" to glocks and other plastic guns. He "stipples" the grips with some kind of tool.

His web site is www.boresightsolutions.com

I love it. I think it help me when I use the MP5 in the subgun matches

Here are a few pictures of my grip that he did...

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Looks like all he did was take a sodering iron to it, but I must admit he did an amazing job. I have seen several of the sodering iron mod's that are completely botched.

Looks great!!!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
My wife has a graphics and sign shop, I sourced some grip tape that is not the mineral type like skateboard tape and have scanned in and created various shapes to fit my grips and some mags using the cutters / die stampers she has at the shop. Works great and not super abrasive like the skateboard tape. Let me know what you are trying to make grippier, I don't have a mp5 but do have a 94. Maybe I can get you what you need.
This is what I came up with for my 93, I had a member request a 91 but I don't have one but I think it is the same grip setup. Anyway works/feels great! Sorry for the bad pics.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'd say Skateboard grip-tape is awesome. For one big roll you can take the grips off, put new ones for a long time for minimal cost!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts