HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you convert a USP or HK45 to single action only? I am just use to the 1911 and curious....but ready for the DA/SA that the HK comes with.

Will the LEM swap be the closest I get to SAO?

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
just get V1 and carry cocked and locked...perfect!..this way you still have second strike capability..

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
I believe it´s the only variant available for the moment.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
SAO is the Variant 9. Works like a standard single action with thumb safety ala 1911. The control lever looses its de-cock function.

I prefer it over Variant 1 since there is no DA/SA trigger pull transition to worry about. Also, and in my opinion more importantly, if you ride the safety ala 1911 when you shoot the USP Variant 1, if you grip too strong you may find yourself pushing down the de-cock lever slightly, which will not allow the pistol to fire. I found myself doing this a few times when shooting under stress. Not good if you needed the gun to go bang real world. Variant 9 eliminates this problem, as the control lever becomes just a safety with the de-cock function disabled.

As for the conversion to Variant 9, all you need is a new detent plate (costs $5-10 dollars or so) that you can order direct from HK customer service. They actual swap is easy as pie and takes about 5 seconds (maybe 30 seconds if it's your first time).

PM me if you need any more info.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
just get V1 and carry cocked and locked...perfect!..this way you still have second strike capability..
Variant 9 (SAO) also has second strike capability.

If you pulled the trigger and nothing happened just pull the trigger again (it will be the double action pull though).

As a 1911 and BHP fan myself, I can't recommend Variant 9 enough.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet!!!

I have been carrying a 1911 now for a year and was wanting the option to make the HK SAO. Glad to know I have the option if I want.

What model # detent plate would I need to order from HK to make it happen?

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I believe it is Part no: 214255. From memory that sounds right. It came from this thread:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49437&highlight=variant

Best way would be to e-mail or call HK customer service before you send in the order form. In the past they respond to e-mails within a day or two. Phone calls obviously are much quicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts