HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was feeling brave after successfully installed an LEM trigger in my HK45 so I deceided to upgrade my HK USP .40 S&W. I think I had everything together properly but the trigger pull seemed a lot different than the LEM trigger I put on my HK45. So I took out the little trigger spring and for the past 4 hours for the life of me I can't get that little trigger spring back into the pistol behind the trigger properly.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could have my LEM trigger installed? I live in the central OH area. Could I send my pistol to HK?
Thanks for the help folks!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would think any local competent smith could do that for you.

Have you tried using a dental pick? I didn't have one so I bent a little hook on the end of an 18 gauge pin nail to help hook the spring in place.

Or...walk away from the gun for a couple hours and come back to it. Might help with the frustration. :wink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude! That LEM kit is for kids ages 8 and older. :wink:
Hahaha, I joined the forum when I was 1.
Well I was able to just reinstall the original trigger return spring. The trigger still feels weird though, the hammer has some "slap" to it right before the break. My HK45 isn't like this at all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Sorry, actually felt kinda bad for the smart a$$ comment. Just in one of those moods. Glad you were able to get it back together.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hahaha, I joined the forum when I was 1.
Well I was able to just reinstall the original trigger return spring. The trigger still feels weird though, the hammer has some "slap" to it right before the break. My HK45 isn't like this at all. Any ideas?
Is the hammer return spring installed correctly? (the really weak and tiny one that sits around the hammer axle, bottom center in this photo: HK | LEM Kit - HKPARTS.NET). If not, the hammer doesn't move smoothly with the trigger, and will suddenly drop (or "slap" if you prefer that term) down in the later portion of the trigger pull.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
If you come too strongsville ,oh. B and t can do it they are a hk dealer

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The LEM kit does not require changing the trigger rebound spring. Unless you want (very) Heavy LEM.

A cheap set of needle nose pliers with notches cut on both sides is an indispensable HK trigger spring tool.

Burke apparently joined this forum before he was born as his age indicates he's 7. :wink:

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Burke apparently joined this forum before he was born as his age indicates he's 7. :wink:

-- Chuck
He was an HK addict in the womb apparently.

·
Registered
147 Posts
to chuck s you should listen!!!

Those needle nose pliers shortened my LEM changeovers from an hour to about 10-15 minutes a change! Spent too much time trying to fit that spring in by hand only to loose it in the carpet, than wasted time looking for it.
:8:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have actually found that a modified flat-tip screwdriver works best on the TRS. I had mine given to me at armorer's training. Also, crochet hooks are invaluable for a lot of springs. Ask a woman to buy you some, if you're too bashful to buy your own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts