HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up this AP5-P, and because I can't help myself immediately made some improvements before heading to the range. RCM 110 deg locking piece, RCM bolt head, bolt gap .018". Navy trigger housing (modified from G3). JMac RSA with Sig brace (while I can). Vortex red dot on an Aimpoint branded B&T mount.

I fired 150 rounds with and without Wolfman using a mix of my MP5 loads (124gr), S&B 124, and my subsonic 124gr loads. I used the MKE-30 mags, a KCI-20 and POF-15. Accuracy at 10/15/20 yards was good. Function was 100%. Probably would have been without my mods too.

The important parts of the gun seem well put together (good welds, proper barrel press, straight cocking tube and vertical sight). No complaints so far. Next I'm going to try it from a sling in case, well you know. No plans to SBR it as I have that side of things already covered.

Others have reported that inspecting a prospective Century gun before purchase is a good idea. If you find a decent one I think you will enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I just picked up this AP5-P, and because I can't help myself immediately made some improvements before heading to the range. RCM 110 deg locking piece, RCM bolt head, bolt gap .018". Navy trigger housing (modified from G3). JMac RSA with Sig brace (while I can). Vortex red dot on an Aimpoint branded B&T mount.

I fired 150 rounds with and without Wolfman using a mix of my MP5 loads (124gr), S&B 124, and my subsonic 124gr loads. I used the MKE-30 mags, a KCI-20 and POF-15. Accuracy at 10/15/20 yards was good. Function was 100%. Probably would have been without my mods too.

The important parts of the gun seem well put together (good welds, proper barrel press, straight cocking tube and vertical sight). No complaints so far. Next I'm going to try it from a sling in case, well you know. No plans to SBR it as I have that side of things already covered.

Others have reported that inspecting a prospective Century gun before purchase is a good idea. If you find a decent one I think you will enjoy it.
Regarding your Wolfman. I have one sitting in jail, that was approved just this past Saturday so I guess it’ll be another month or two before I actually get the stamp in my hand.

Are you finding that this Wolfman is legitimately hearing safe with subsonic 9?

I load my own 147‘s, and have done quite a bit of shooting with my CGS group mod nine full-size.

I realize that this is not an apples to apples comparison, however the mod nine is supposed to be one of the more quiet cans on the market, and even so to me it seems like a full day at the range even with subsonic 9 mm would be rough on the ears. I’ve been using mine on an APC9 PRO. I have not yet fired my PDW or SP5.

Wolfman looks like it might have a little more internal volume, and my guess is it is slightly more quiet than the mod nine?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only shot the Wolfman in K configuration and I have only used it indoors with hearing protection. My point of comparison is my Griffin Resistance 9 which is a 1.375 diameter can. So I may not have a good answer for you, but... I would say in the K configuration the Wolfman is a little louder than the Griffin on an MP5 with subsonic loads. I think full length it would be quiete than any others. I did try the wipe once and that made a difference but shot out pretty fast.

Make sure you grab a 3-lug mount when available while you are waiting. Also a GSL smooth thread protector, these fit the Deadair 3-lug really well.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I have only shot the Wolfman in K configuration and I have only used it indoors with hearing protection. My point of comparison is my Griffin Resistance 9 which is a 1.375 diameter can. So I may not have a good answer for you, but... I would say in the K configuration the Wolfman is a little louder than the Griffin on an MP5 with subsonic loads. I think full length it would be quiete than any others. I did try the wipe once and that made a difference but shot out pretty fast.

Make sure you grab a 3-lug mount when available while you are waiting. Also a GSL smooth thread protector, these fit the Deadair 3-lug really well.
I picked up a tri-lug adapter some months back. What does the GSL thread protector do?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its just a smooth thread protector, but it fits the ID of the 3-lug well to minimize any misalignment of the silencer. The just-shoot-it folks say its not necessary but I find it minimizes point of impact shift. The stock knurled protectors allow quite a bit of wiggle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts