HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right section but here goes:
Has anyone purchased one of these kits from Apex? They are advertised as very good German HK 33's and I was wondering about the condition. For the price it seems a good deal since used bolts and carriers are way more than the complete demill. Any commentary is welcomed and pics if you got 'em.
Danke

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I got one from them and it was pretty good. I'd go for it.

ETA: if you want one of these and don't get it, you will forever kick yourself in the ass for passing it up.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got one from them and it was pretty good. I'd go for it.

ETA: if you want one of these and don't get it, you will forever kick yourself in the ass for passing it up.
Thank you I did for the very reason you mentioned! It was delivered last week at my house but I am away working for another 10 days so I won't see it until then. I got one of the Enfield G3's a few back and it too was primo and then 'ole Jeffy worked his magic on it. I wanted it for parts but this devil on my shoulder keeps poking me saying " 33K, 33K
, 33K" Persistent little SOB, is he!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been saving for an EoTech for my V93 (A local gun store will let me get a NIB EoTech 512 for $400 otd) but I might just buy one of these parts kits instead to use as spares. It's worth it just for the HK33 bolt and carrier (the kit is actually cheaper than buying a bolt carrier and bolt head), plus all the other parts. I figure one of these, and buy a few more of various small parts like rollers, pins, extractor springs, etc. and I can keep the Vector running for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As an aside to my last post, do I really NEED a spare bolt head and carrier? How often do those parts fail? Since the V93 is apparently going to be my SHTF/EOTWAWKI/Zombie apocalypse/Obama economy implosion/Chinese-Russian invasion/Klingon-Romulan invasion/GI Joe attack on Cobra Island/rabid squirrel infestation/*insert disaster here* rifle, I think some spare parts, including a bolt head and carrier, may be a good idea. But from the prices I've seen, those two parts alone cost more than what Apex wants for one HK33 kit.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Do their kits come with magazines like other folks kits?
Mine didn't.

Apex is good to go. I had a bent cocking tube on one of the two kits I purchased...called them up and they replaced the entire cocking tube. It was still attached to the trunnion and had a cocking tube support, spring, handle, and hanger. I only needed the tube but they threw in everything else. Good business to deal with.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
I bought three... most of the parts were just fine. Some of the sheet metal was a bit nicked up but easily cleaned up. That resulted in a 53K, a spare parts set left over and whenever we can get the barrels fluted, a 53 sized Russian 5.45x39. Just figure the entire kit is cheaper than buying new fire control parts and carriers from any of the venders.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Did you have one made into a rifle? What receiver did you use? Are the ones RTG is selling good quality? How are you liking the Metroplex?
They never made it past the spare parts toolbox. I owned a real HK53 for a while and used the f/a carrier/bolt. I eventually sold the 53 then the parts to fund some other project. We are lovin Texas & looking forward to getting together with you down the road.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No reason to need a spare carrier, and 99% no reason to need a bolt.
Extractor, spring, roller retainer plate, ejector, pins, the simple stuff.
That's what I figured, although since the V93 will be my go-to rifle, I'm still thinking about buying a kit just for spares. Or if I walk down the street and stumble on a bag of money, I can use the kit to have another clone built.

If you have not worn out a bolt head then you are just not shooting enough ...... but grant you it takes a nice stack of ammo, even in 308 with contract parts.
500 rounds in roughly a year is nowhere near shooting enough :( I'm planning on taking a day off work next month to take the Vector to the woods and waste a couple hundred bucks worth of ammo...hehehe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts